Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Friends and Family Feature

From: Immigration Info <immigrationinfo@numbersusa.com> Add to Address Book
    Date: 2007/05/31 Thu PM 02:36:38 EST
    Subject: Friends and Family Feature: New Tool to Fight Senate Amnesty

Date: 31MAY07 3:30 p.m.

New Way to Share NumbersUSA With Your Friends and Family

Dear NumbersUSA Activists,

It is with great excitement that I am writing to you today to introduce you to a new NumbersUSA tool ready for immediate deployment in the fight against the Senate immigration disaster.

Please, immediately go to www.NumbersUSA.com/video.

For a few years now, many of you have written us asking about how you can share the NumbersUSA website with your friends and family. This is the tool you've been asking for. Simply enter the email addresses of any of your friends, family, neighbors, or coworkers and they will receive an instant email from us telling them that you have recommended this page to them.

In addition, on this page, you will find the infamous Immigration By The Numbers video presentation given by NumbersUSA Executive Director Roy Beck – currently one of the top 100 most-watched Internet videos on Google video (more on this below).

USE THIS PAGE TO RECRUIT FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO STOP SENATE IMMIGRATION DISASTER

Even though the army of citizen-activists using the NumbersUSA website is growing daily (we now have over 350,000 activists using the site to contact Congress), the only thing that will stop the amnesty disaster currently underway in the Senate (or at least slow it down enough so we can kill it in the House) is people power through mobilization networks like NumbersUSA and its many coordinated allies. Every person you add to this network helps, but we're launching this page today in a special effort to double our numbers this month (June). This may seem like a pie-in-the-sky goal right now, but we believe it is possible if people catch on to how critical their involvement is right now. We can only do this with your help.

Go to go to www.NumbersUSA.com/video to refer friends today.

THE VIDEO THAT STARTED IT ALL:

Prominently displayed in the upper, right section of www.NumbersUSA.com/video is a link to watch Roy giving his "charts and gumballs" presentation of U.S. Census Bureau projections. As important and impressive as I believe Roy's presentation is, I have to confess I was shocked to learn it has consistently ranked among the top 100 most watched videos on Google, with the most watched version of the video having been watched OVER 2 MILLION TIMES!!!!!!

The video is especially important right now because it shows why the annual immigration numbers count. Almost nobody in the Senate or in the media right now wants to focus at all on the net numbers involved in the Senate immigration bill. This video is a powerful reminder that immigration policy, set by Congress, is fundamentally about numbers.

It is worth noting that this video was produced in 1997. At the time, it was based on the Census Bureau's projection of where both legal and illegal immigration would lead the country. Since then, legal immigration has risen so much that the population growth on the video covers little more than just legal immigration and represents what would happen AFTER we virtually end illegal immigration. Thus, the point is even more salient that we not only have to end illegal immigration but we must substantially reduce legal – the exact opposite of what the Senate immigration bill that would give out 35 million green cards in the next 20 years alone would do!

VIDEO POWERFUL TOOL IN RECRUITING ACTIVISTS TO OUR CAUSE

After spending 13 years involved in the immigration issue, I can honestly say that Roy's video is the most powerful tool I have seen in convincing people of the need for immigration reductions.

This was confirmed for me just last month at the recent "Hold Their Feet to the Fire" event hosted by FAIR in Washington DC. Roy was constantly approached by people of all walks of life (including university research scientists, Hispanic Americans in the You Don't Speak For Me group, young adults from New York City, etc.) who told him either that they decided to join the movement after seeing the video or that they regularly show the video to others.

The video is now making the rounds on the Internet so widely that people are sending it to us, not realizing we are behind the video. For instance, Russ sent us the following message:

"A truly superb presentation (about 10 minutes) on the size, scope, and future growth of unchecked immigration: legal and illegal, is online."

When we told Russ we're behind the video he wrote,

"Well, ... guess I should have known! You folks are so much on top of this immigrant (legal and illegal) situation that 'who else' could have done that video? Congrats on a well done job."

Or this one…

"Have you also checked this site??? It is very interesting This is a Google video; it takes about 14 minutes to view. I hope you take time from your busy schedules."

And these two from current activists who were forwarded the video link from friends unfamiliar with NumbersUSA…

"I just watched a wonderful 14 minute video that Roy produced. Funny that I received it in an e-mail from Merola.com and not from you…I sent it to everyone in my address book. It was wonderful--easy to understand and non-political--just the facts! Keep up the good work!" – Nancy

"I am knocked out by Roy Beck's VCRs and his explanation of immigration numbers… Most importantly of all, with all the hype and hatred, is Roy Beck's instruction without animosity. That, I believe, is not only humane it is a reasoned approach which avoids some reflex response." – Jacqueline O'Connor

As the above quotes indicate, you never know which of your relatives, coworkers, neighbors, or friends may come around to understanding why you are concerned about immigration if they stop to watch this video.

Please stop and take a minute to go to www.NumbersUSA.com/video , watch the video, and enter email addresses of anyone you know who should see it too.

It's fast and easy and one of the most important things you can do to help us stop the amnesty-immigration increase train in its tracks.

(As a reminder, we never share, rent, or sell email addresses – we will protect the privacy of your friends and family as we do yours.)
    If you have any questions or feedback you'd like to share with us, please email our helpdesk which is manned 18 hours a day.

On behalf of Roy and the rest of the staff at NumbersUSA, THANK YOU for all you have done and continue to do in the name of sensible immigration.

THANK YOU,
    ANNE

This may be a good time for you to make sure that you've let us know all of the areas you are interested in. In order to further customize the type of alerts you receive click here http://www.numbersusa.com/survey?action=longlist

As a NumbersUSA subscriber, you will receive occasional emails about immigration-related opportunities. If you want to increase or reduce the frequency of these emails, click here and choose from Total Activism, Moderate Activism, or Limited Activism at the bottom of your registration form: http://www.numbersusa.com/user

NumbersUSA - relies upon individuals like you to reach its goal of an environmentally sustainable and economically just America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, I shared this with someone at work who was almost speechless. Was a typical American with blinders on. Now he has a glimpse of what is going on.

Yeah, I shared this with someone at work who was almost speechless. Was a typical American with blinders on. Now he has a glimpse of what is going on.

Man, Sam, you gotta get that fixed! You can't walk into a Senator's office with that broken..they won't listen to you!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)