Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA IMPORTANT FAX TO PRESIDENT BUSH

Dear Faxer:

Tell Pres. Bush you oppose his guestworker proposal, even with border security improvements

This new fax has been posted in your Action Buffet !

You can find this fax by proceeding to
    http://www.numbersusa.com/faxes?ID=4311

President Bush recently laid out his plan to import many more foreign workers to take American jobs while visiting the Mexican-American border.

The President did clearly state that "securing our borders is essential to securing the homeland," and he even made some good remarks in support of increased border patrol and workplace verification.

However, he went on to endorse a massive guestworker proposal, although he denied it is an amnesty. The President said, We're going to create a temporary worker program that will take pressure off the border, bring workers from out of the shadows, and reject amnesty. "

The President didn't offer any substantive details about his guestworker program other than the following, "This program would create a legal way to match willing foreign workers with willing American employers to fill jobs that Americans will not do. Workers would be able to register for legal status for a fixed period of time, and then be required to go home. This program would help meet the demands of a growing economy, and it would allow honest workers to provide for their families while respecting the law.

You can read the full text of the President's remarks online here.

While it is encouraging that the President appears to be finally getting serious about border security, it is disappointing that he remains steadfast in his support of a massive new foreign guestworker program.

Send this fax to President Bush thanking him for his encouraging remarks about workplace verification and border security, but reminding him that you oppose any program that rewards illegal aliens with jobs and legal status.

NumbersUSA - relies upon individuals like you to reach its goal of an environmentally sustainable and economically just America.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen,

I'm a member and receive NumbersUSA alerts but I'm glad you post them here to alert newer members of Alipac who may not be aware of this service of easy faxes to elected officials.

I sent off two faxes by way of NumbersUSA to Mr. President this morning relating to his speech of yesterday.

The pre-written fax messages are great and I use them and sometimes add a personal touch such as an added P.S. message. In one of these faxes this morning, I added a personal message relating to our esteemed President's speech and stated that OUR borders need to be militarized and let's bring our troops home from Iraq, North Korea and Afghanistan and place them along USA borders to protect American citizens.

I find it ironic (and more so disgusting) that US taxpayers pay for border security of foreign countries far, far away and they are militarized, yet our elected leaders refuse to secure our borders.

America cannot save the world, we shouldn't even try to, and I don't believe the majority of Americans think it's okay to protect the borders of countries far away while our elected so-called leaders neglect to protect USA citizens and their borders.

There are just too many American citizens who are suffering, who are poor and there will be more suffering in the future if the illegal alien flood isn't brought under control and if we don't have closed borders.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me