Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I made the calls to the DC offices of Virginia Foxx, Michael Fitzpatrick and Joe Wilson around 3pm today after reading the Alipac alert. I'm glad to see on an updated list after 5pm that Virginia Foxx has signed.

On Wednesday, I also placed calls to Bob Etheridge's (D-NC) offices but unfortunately do not see his name. I am also disappointed that no Democrats signed the letter yet.
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

We have to get some Democrats to stand with us. Bush can push this amnesty through with the support of the Democrats and the Republicans that will do anything he wants.

Of course, most of them will not be in Congress after 80% of their constituents get done with them in 2006.

I just dont want to see us have to reverse this amnesty if he gets it through. It is already going to be a painful job as it is.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I wonder if they have even tried to pass the letter to some Democrats ?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am also wondering why at least one Democrat didn't sign Rep. John Hostettler's letter to Pres. Bush. I'm also on NumbersUSA email alerts and the last update I pulled up on letter signers was at 5:13 p.m. today with 63 votes and all Republicans. During the CAFTA battle, most Democrats voted against. I don't get the disconnection between free-trade agreements such as CAFTA and illegal immigration. Why do the parties split so much voting in favor of one and then against the other? Perhaps I'm politically-challenged, but I don't think so and cannot understand their splits in seeming to vote in opposite directions on issues that have a very clear link to each other - or at least it seems so to me.

In my last post here I mentioned I called both offices of my Rep. Bob Etheridge (D-NC) Wednesay. I didn't mention that I also sent him an email late Wednesday night through the www.congress.org website. My email (long message to follow) included Rep. Hostettler's letter to Pres. Bush that I copied and pasted following my message. I only copied the actual letter and did not send any email alerts from NumbersUSA nor links to their site.

Here's my message to Etheridge - sent on a message form available, minus the cut and pasted Hostettler letter to Bush because it's already been posted in this forum link. I did receive a confirmation from www.congress.org that my message was received, but to-date I have not had a personal reply. Note: At the time I sent this email, I wasn't aware of the deadline extension from Thursday to Friday of this week for Reps to sign.

Dear __:

Below is the text of a letter addressed to President Bush that I called your office and spoke with your staff about today, urging you to sign. This letter is available for signing today and tomorrow through Representative and Chairman John Hostettler in Washington, D.C.

President George Bush refuses to address the 80-90% (according to most polls) of American citizens that want immigration laws enforced because there are approximately 12-20+ million illegal aliens already in the USA and an estimated three million are currently breaking in illegally every year now.

This is a matter of utmost importance to the majority of Americans of all ethnicities as well as "legal immigrants" who went through the proper channels and rules to become citizens, rather than "jumping line" as the illegal aliens do.

Representative Etheridge, as a long-time citizen of North Carolina and listed as a Democrat on my voter's registration, I have not only experienced first-hand and learned of the many, many important issues dealing with illegal immigration and it's devastating impacts upon the lives of US citizens, but heard from thousands of other legal citizens too (personally and in numerous forums and groups). The majority of US citizens want our immigration laws enforced, our borders secured by military means if necessary (and it seems this is necessary), business owners who hire illegal aliens punished with massive fines and jail sentences, welfare benefits cut off to non-citizens and deportations of illegal aliens. Those Congress members who refuse to honor the wishes of the majority of US citizens (whom pay your salaries and whom you SHOULD BE REPRESENTING, not foreign nationals) will be held accountable in upcoming elections, if not sooner. Absolutely NO guest worker programs and NO amnesties at this time, and none in the future either unless it's the will of the majority of US citizens.

I am doing my part to educate as many of my fellow citizens as possible on this serious issue that if isn't dealt with soon, we can expect the USA to become a third world country within the not too distant future, and we will force future generations - our children and grandchildren - to deal with massive overpopulation, poverty, crime and corruption. We can then kiss forever goodbye the so-called "American Dream."

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,
    People who take issue with control of population do not understand that if it is not done in a graceful way, nature will do it in a brutal fashion - Henry Kendall

End foreign aid until America fixes it's own poverty first - me

I am between trips out of town, but managed to cut and paste the letter from Numbers USA and sent to both Pennsylvania Reps.Murphy and Doyle. I also have made some phone calls to their offices. It seems to be no dice with Murphy, but he is keeping my opinion in mind,(big deal). Doyle is no longer my Rep. so little chance there.

Sorry I can't be on this volunteer list daily, but it came at a bad time, when I will be in and out of town for a while, but will try to do what I can.

Glad to see you made more than the 50 names they were trying for.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234