Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

NumbersUSA Introduces 'Quality-of-Life Maps' for Entire US

Introducing Quality-of-Life Maps for All U.S. (3,141 Counties)

By Roy Beck, Updated Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 3:50 PM

When I say I love America, I’m not talking about just an idea or ideal or a form of government. I’m talking about the actual land within the U.S. borders – the contours, the vegetation, the critters, the roads, the streams, the towns, the communities, the local cultures and . . . . . THE PEOPLE. I’m talking about 3,141 counties where all of America takes place. It is with great joy that I announce today that NumbersUSA is rolling out its QUALITY-OF-LIFE MAPS project on our website so that all Americans can track the overall health of our 3,141 counties and all inhabitants thereof.
    http://www.numbersusa.com/content/maps? ... =2&topic=4

We will be mapping all the places I have seen – and hope to see. Those who know me say I am a workaholic. But I DO play. I have had a life-long passionate hobby of seeing as many by-ways as possible of our nation. Shirley and I just returned from several days on the back roads of Indiana. I’m working in Atlanta today, and I’ll be in northeast Georgia and southern North Carolina later today.

As I slow down through every town and crossroads – or through every urban neighborhood -- I always think to myself, “This is where people live their lives, pursue their dreams, know what it is to be an American.â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

1980 Population 227,374,000
    2008 Population 304,060,000
    Pop. Change (1980-200 33.73%
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

What a great site map! Thanks AS7!

Maps Show Where Americans' Quality of Life Challenged by High Population Growth

Updated Wednesday, July 1, 2009, 11:20 AM

NumbersUSA is introducing today an exciting new mapping system on its website that will help Americans view at a glance where quality-of-life challenges are the greatest around the country.

Today, the map focus is on the fact that the United States is undergoing the biggest population explosion in its history.

Some 400 metro, state and national maps show where population growth has been highest since 1980, in nearly all cases either directly because of immigration or because Americans have fled there from a high-immigration locale.

"When you see a county on the map colored orange, red or pink (for very high population growth), you can be relatively certain that this is a county where the very nature of daily life has been changed since 1980 because of federal immigration policies," said NumbersUSA President Roy Beck.

In the future, maps of additional "quality indicators" will be posted regularly, so you can compare your locale with others in terms of air pollution, sprawl, traffic congestion, school quality, etc.

You can click on any part of any map to zoom in for close-ups by state and metro area. On today's featured population growth map, you can click anywhere to see the actual population numbers and growth percentages for each state, metro and county. You also can see how each ranks with all others in the country.

"Perhaps nothing tells you more faster about a county or metro than the rate of population growth," Beck said.

You can obtain a lot of really quick information on the maps merely by passing your cursor over a state or county:

On the national map, mouse-over any state to bring up a bubble that will provide the population changes and the rank of that state among all 50.
    On any state map, mouse-over any county for the population details and for the rank of that county among 3,141 counties in the entire country.
    If you want to be able to print the data that is in the bubbles. Just click on the state, metro or county, which will put the data into the text box to the left of the map. Then print.

If you see anything at all that looks like it might be an error in fact or in navigation, there's a help form on the map page. You can also read Roy's blog for more information, and post comments about the new maps feature below his blog.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/news/ ... rowth.html