Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: NumbersUSA Preparing For Autumn Showdown

Date: Thursday 4AUG05 2:30 a.m.

Mailbag from you ....... Preparing for autumn immigration showdown ........ Raising the funding

PRES. BUSH AND HOWARD DEAN
    ARE PREPARING GIANT PUSHES THIS AUTUMN
    TO AMNESTY ILLEGAL ALIENS AND INCREASE
    NEW IMMIGRATION BY MILLIONS MORE PER DECADE

We believe that you the volunteer users of NumbersUSA action tools are capable of stopping the efforts of this Republican President and this head of the national Democratic Party. You've done it before. You can do it again.

Please take a moment and send some kind -- any kind -- of donation to help us keep these action tools sharp and plentiful enough for the autumn battle. Find several easy ways to make a contribution at http://numbersusa.com/donation.html

DEAR 104,332 FAXERS
    WHO DID NOT QUIT AFTER OUR RECENT FLURRY OF REQUESTS FOR ACTION,

Our in-box runneth over after I included an item in my last Action Alert about 25 faxers who asked to be removed from our email list because we were sending too many requests for action lately. You will recall that we had a number of battles underway all at once.

"You NEVER ever send too many emails! Your action alerts are the first emails I look for every morning. You explain very simply how many phone calls are vital and how many are not vital BUT could be made. I tell everyone in this movement to use NumbersUSA!!!"
    ----------Robin Hvidston, Upland, Calif.

"Do NOT REMOVE ME ever! I'm in this fight `till the end, like you, Roy!"
    ----------Daniel Kiewit, Anchorage, Alaska

I tend to focus on the one sheep that has gone astray while 99 remain faithful. I got a little depressed about the 25 who gave up.

But our Director of Technology Jim Robb quickly ran the numbers and reminded me that 25 people giving up while 104,332 decided to stay in the fight really didn't suggest much of a problem about commitment.

I suspect that Jon Eifert -- who initially handles all of our emails -- may have started to think that most of those 104,332 were going to send an email declaring their devotion to the cause of dramatically reducing immigation numbers. We got a boatload of emails. Those below are just a sample.

"The 25 people who requested they be dropped from the email list are like British colonists who remained safe on the banks while Washington and his courageous troops crossed over to confront the British.

"I feel sorry for these dropouts, for when the rest of us who stick with NumbersUSA.com, no matter how many emails we receive, are finally successful in saving our country (again!), they won't have had a part in the victory. I'm very proud to be kept on the email list."
    -----------Ann Druffel, Pasadena, Calif.

"I look for your e-mails everyday, so I know what I need to do that day to fight to save our country from the illegal invasion. By your e-mails I know you and your staff are working to save this country."
    ----------Sandra Handzlik, grandmother helping to save this country for my children and grandchildren

You're likely to enjoy the sampling below of those email responses. Their passion for the fight to protect our communities from federally forced massive populaton growth through immigration is inspiring.

"I have written many letters and made many phone calls but I have never felt as though I was being listened to until NumbersUSA became my ally. Thank you for ALL the e-mails you send. Never are there too many as never is there enough that we can do to protect our jobs and our country."
    ----------Penney Bowers

PLEASE MAKE THAT FIRST-TIME
    $10 DONATION THIS MONTH

I won't belabor the point. I'll say it quickly:

The only way NumbersUSA can be able to do all the things that you all tell us that we are doing so wonderfully is because enough of you each month send in a check or a credit card donation.

If you've never helped financially, this would be a fine time to send in that first $10 donation (and we're perfectly happy to accept larger amounts).

Over the 4th of July week, more than 600 of you sent in first-time donations. What a tremendous help that was. Frankly, we need at least that many first-time donors every month if we are to maintain our present level of presence and influence on Capitol Hill.

We face many dangers and opportunities when Congress returns in September. We simply cannot afford to cut back in any part of our NumbersUSA operations because of a shortage of funds.

Click here to make a SECURE ON-LINE CREDIT CARD DONATION.

Click here for how to SEND A CHECK OR CREDIT-CARD DONATION BY MAIL

FOR OTHER DONATION OPTIONS (including PayPal) go to http://numbersusa.com/donation.html

Our most recent audited financial statements and filing with the IRS shows that we spend less than 4% of our revenue on fund-raising, a phenomenally small amount for a non-profit organization. A main reason we can keep costs down so low is that people like you provide support without our having to spend a lot of money to motivate you with slick brochures, gifts and big postal mail campaigns.

Unlike the open-borders lobbies, we don't have money from governments, corporations and church bureaucracies to pay the way. It depends primarily on lots and lots of individuals like you.

FEDERAL WORKERS,
    YOU CAN DONATE THROUGH THE
    'COMBINED FEDERAL CAMPAIGN'

August is the month when federal offices start encouraging people to make charitable donations through the Combined Federal Campaign.

We are pleased to announce that this year, for the first time, NumbersUSA is a federally approved charity in this campaign. If you are a federal worker, please look for us in the workplace giving brochure.

MAILBAG

"Whatever is going on that you at numbersusa.com think is worth passing on to me is never too much. When I joined up it was with a clear understanding that I would receive information from you and that is what I wanted.

"I am so happy for the service you have provided in that I can send e-mails and make telephone calls and stay informed about what is going on in our nation. Hopefully, you will not stop watching out for us, the people of the United States of America."
    ----------Mary Ann

"This fight is too important for you to have to pick and chose what to contact us about. Every bill and issue is important. I am with you all the way."
    ----------Tom Rose, Athens, Georgia

"I am a legal immigrant. Have never received any government help or unemployment benefits. It makes me sick and tired to hearing about all the illegal immigrants who come here without the respect of our Laws and draining our monetary funds (in health care, education, etc.). The worst thing about it is the fact that our governments are supporting it. Please keep on sending all your information."
    ----------Laszlo K., Phoenix, Arizona.

I do not read all of your letters, nor vote on them all, but the information is important and I will keep on trying."
    ----------Pam

"America needs you. Send me all the e-mails you want!"
    ----------Eric Franklin
    (NOTE: Eric has sent more than 250 faxes.)

"Please, please, please DON'T EVER REMOVE MY NAME FROM YOUR EMAILS! You and your staff do one helluva good job of keeping us informed. Keep up the the informative emails!"
    ----------Pat Ryan, Glendale, Arizona

SOME OF YOU COULD DO WITH A LITTLE LESS -- AND HERE'S HOW

"Thanks so much for the updates. I will have to admit the sudden influx of recent alerts was a little overwhelming. It may have been more effective if the notices could have been received a little earlier to the deadlines, but I have no idea if that was even a possibility, so I am in no position to "slam" that. It would seem to be a real "night mare" for you and staff to process and send us the information, as well as you do, and I appreciate those efforts. Keep up the great work."
    ----------Robert Simonds Jr., Texas

"I am sorry to learn that some advocates became discouraged because they received too much information.
    I, too, am busy, as we all seem to be, and frequently I must print out your emails for later reading and/or action. My only disappointment is that many of them are 10 to 20 pages long."

"In this day of 'too much information,' perhaps some of your readers would appreciate a shorthand version....just the facts, please. You are passionate, as is your staff, and when you write about these matters, your passion and enthusiasm are evident. It sometimes results in a longer email than may be necessary for some busy readers.

"I appreciate your passion and your enthusiasm....and I respect your unbounded energy and commitment to this cause. I would also---sometimes---appreciate more brevity. Love you guys!"
    ----------Donna

"It is a little overwhelming when you are also working on other political action items. NFIB, NRA, Project Vote Smart, Citizens against government waste, TURN (California utility watchdog), Howard Jarvis (Calif PROP 13 watchdog) and others. Many of the faxes sound very similar and it is difficult to tell if I have already responded. Plus we get your site on 3 different computers with different email addresses but all for the same family. It gets a little tough to sort through it all. But we won't give up the ship, keep it coming! Thanks!"
    ----------Tom Nyren

"I agree that sometimes the e-mails are hard to keep up with especially if you work 58 hours a week like myself but there is no way that I'm going to stop fighting to keep my country from the Washington special interest groups, paid lobbiest and the ACLU that are determined to give it away and turn it into a third world nation."
    ----------Steve J. Walker

We got several responses of the helpful tone of these. We have several things in the works that may help us be able to serve those who want more brevity while not shortchanging those who want everything we can dish out. I should be able to introduce those additional tools to you later this month.

In addition, please keep aware that every registrant on NumbersUSA can choose to receive Action Alerts in either "TOTAL ACTIVISM," "MODERATE ACTIVISM" and "LIMITED ACTIVISM."

TOTAL ACTIVISM truly is intended for those who ask us to never hold back.

If that sounds like too much, please go onto your user page and check yourself as interested in MODERATE ACTIVISM. You can do that at:
    http://numbersusa.com/user

The emails below give some insight into our most gung-ho participants.

MORE MAILBAG

"I LOVE BEING ON YOUR LIST!!!!!!!! You didn't send me too many this week."
    ----------Glenda

"No...I am not receiving too many emails. I am a junky on these matters, but I want as much information as possible. I feel it is my responsibility to know what is happening, and try to help stop the bad and promote the good. Thank you."
    ----------Suz

"Keep sending me emails!! As many as you want! We need to keep an eye on these rascals."
    ----------Doug Weiss

"You CAN'T send too many informational e-mails as far as I'm concerned. Keep up the good work, and we'll do our damnedest to see that we hold up our end of the bargain."
    ----------MAE

"Don't worry about those who complained about too many emails. I think the few that you send are critical to our ultimate survival of our way of life. You're doing the Lord's work, brother, keep it going ... Power to the people!"
    ----------Tom Ranalli

"I'm a bit perplexed with the "too much information" message you are apparently getting? Too often, too many opportunities....?? Tell me, Roy, how much is too much?

"Methinks there may be something else operating here, probably disappointment and unmet expectations. Certainly things happen at less than a snails pace in Washington, that is Washington's way. I don't like it, I'd love to see it changed and lord willing we can apply the pressure needed to move our Politicians off their collective seats to do what is right in a timely manor.

"At any rate I'd like to express my thoughts and say complete, accurate, and timely information is always welcome. It is necessary and required to effectively make change. Keep doing what you are doing! I been waiting almost ten years for our Politicians to do something about illegal immigration. I may be wrong but I believe we are making progress, slow yes, but progress just the same. This is no small thing."
    ----------William A. Dargis

"It's nice to know that numbersusa is "someone" we can always count on for "being there" for us !!!
    ----------Judy, Colorado Springs, CO

"These emails keep my blood thin! Cheaper than vitamins! I called every single one of the Congress reps on today's list, and enjoyed every minute."
    ----------Terry

"I recently made a small donation and will contribute more soon as I totally enjoy your site and what it stands for."
    ----------Chuck Helton, Minute Man

"As far as I am concerned, those 25 people who have asked to be removed have the option to choose whether they will pay attention to the emails and take part and if they are overwhelmed; they can use their delete key. I have no patience with people like this."
    ----------Jean Towell, Citizens for Immigration Reform, Dallas

"How some could ask to be removed from your email list is beyond me. Please continue to send out the important information you have. We'll pick up the slack for those to busy to "fight" for freedom."
    ----------Zak/USMC/Viet Nam/'68-'69

"Too many e-mails? Are people out of their minds? People should be grateful that there is an organization such as yours that is routing out the information and informing Americans.....who has the time to check congressional websites everyday to find out what they are trying to slip by us when we're working or sleeping? Who has the time to create and compose letters to these elected officials that seem, on too many occasions, to vote for more self-serving and 'good buddies' interests that the voters who put them in office?

"There are not enough Tom Tancredo's representing us and as voters we need to remember that when elections come around. Your organization makes it possible for us to review and recognize the representatives in office who are voting against our best interests! Maybe the folks who have dropped out and whined about "too many e-mails" still have jobs -so they feel a little more secure. When they lose those jobs, they will sing another tune and be looking for a way to right the wrong that has now happened to them.

"Keep the emails coming, Roy... and I'll keep faxing, and when and if I ever get a real job again, I will finally be able to make a donation to NumbersUSA, one of best examples of freedom of speech and political awareness in the great country of ours! I'm sure there are many people that can identify with my words."
    ----------Aida Stipo-Flaherty

"I'm sorry that some were too overwhelmed by the number of emails sent this past week. I believe it was just a very clear reality check, a true measurement on the level of activity going on in Washington and how, once there is someone there giving you a minute by minute commentary, taking the pulse/heartbeat if you will, then one can sense being in the center of that pulse and the actual heartbeat of our government. That's the way it works.

"I didn't mind it a bit. It actually got my adrenaline going a bit more and spurred me to more immediate action. One could easily sense the urgency of the situation as the emails kept coming in and different things were happening. That's not something you or anyone else has any control over.

"Thank you for being there for my son and for my husband."
    ----------Mary Anne

Type the body of your disclaimer here...

BellSouth | Advertising | Help | Service Agreement | Legal Notices | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

funny how bush wants to give amnesty and sign the FTAA before the years end.. Goodbye America
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)