Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

NUMBERSUSA -UPDATE ON DREAM ACT

Date: Saturday 13NOV2010 Noon EST

YOUR ACTIVISM YESTERDAY MADE A DIFFERENCE!

PELOSI HAS POSTPONED AMNESTY VOTE AT LEAST UNTIL AFTER THANKSGIVING

Earlier this week U.S. House Speaker Pelosi announced she hoped to bring up the DREAM Act amnesty to a vote in the first week of the Lame Duck session (next week).

We asked you to start pounding congressional offices with faxes Thursday afternoon and, first thing Friday, we asked you to ring the phones off the hook all day in protest of any amnesty activity.

You have already sent more than 150,000 faxes of protest into the congressional offices.

(If you haven't sent your faxes yet, please go to your NumbersUSA Action Board and send them.)

Today, House Democratic leaders announced that they aren't going to deal with the amnesty next week. They will be out of town for Thanksgiving the week after that. So, we are now fighting to prohibit the vote the first week of December when Congress returns.

Every day (and especially week) that we delay the vote, the less likely the amnesty will get a hearing. There are at most three weeks left in which it can be raised after Thanksgiving. It still is a real danger. But Congress also has some major business it absolutely has to handle before Christmas.

Your job is to continue to make the amnesty seem so controversial that your 3 Members of Congress will be telling their leaders that they don't want the amnesty brought up as a vote.

As we have beaten every amnesty in every year starting in 2001, we have learned that it is always easier when the process gets dragged out. The announcement of delay today is a very good sign.

THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE SO FAR IN THE CURRENT AMNESTY CRISIS.

THE AMNESTY LEADERS KNOW THAT THIS LAME DUCK SESSION IS THE ONLY POSSIBLE CHANCE THEY HAVE FOR AT LEAST TWO MORE YEARS. THE AMERICAN VOTERS LAST WEEK CHOSE A NEW CONGRESS THAT IS STRONGLY ANTI-AMNESTY.

http://www.numbersusa.com/content/node

I just came to post that as well -thanks for posting.

It shows that when there is a call from ALIPAC, NumbersUSA... we must act on them. Our efforts to make a difference. We will keep on this so that we can focus on getting the rule of law enforced.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I sent all my faxes out on Friday as well. I am surprised it made a difference already. Maybe the Democratic Party is nudging her out of the way. I know almost half of my faxes went to Democrats.
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

working4change
    Quote Originally Posted by fedupinwaukegan
    I just came to post that as well -thanks for posting.

It shows that when there is a call from ALIPAC, NumbersUSA... we must act on them. Our efforts to make a difference. We will keep on this so that we can focus on getting the rule of law enforced.
    You're welcome.We need to keep alert to any moves to try and pass it in the dead of night