Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

OFIR: Oregon Governor may end licenses for illegals!

OFIR members and supporters:

It is reported that Governor Kulongoski is going to make an announcement this Friday that he is going to change Oregon’s driver license policy and end the practice of issuing driver licenses to illegal aliens!!!

TAKE ACTION NOW and tell Governor Kulongoski to end the practice of the Oregon Department of Transportation issuing driver licenses to illegal aliens.

Phone: (503) 378-3111 or (503)-378-4582
    Fax: 503.378.6827

Currently Oregon is the only state on the West Coast that openly acknowledges that it issues driver licenses to illegal aliens. It is only one of 4 states that doesn’t require proof of legal presence or a valid Social Security number.

The result is that Oregon has become a magnet for ID theft, the methampheteamine trade, illegal immigration and potential terrorists.

In a nation that believes in the rule of law, we should have only one standard. We should not have a dual standard - one for illegal aliens and one for American citizens.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe that he was voted into office on a anti-illegal immigration stance. It's good to hear he is going ahead.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That is great news!

Let's get those calls rolling into Oregon folks.

W

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Made my call after my OFIR email. Glad ot hear this, however, make sure you all tell his office "absolutely no provisions for illegal aliens to have licenses in Oregon". According to one of our Oregon ALIPAC members (JECG), he emailed me and here is an excert of what he emailed:

The other side to the story is, he intends to continue to press for a special license for illegal aliens. This is the exact same ill fated plan that was the subject of record setting public outcry in the State of New York.

Let him know that you are absolutely against any state issued driving privilege card for illegal aliens.

The reason you need to call; Illegal Alien advocates are calling on their members to call and oppose his plan to tighten security in the Oregon Drivers License program. The Governor can be reached at (503) 378-3111 or (503)-378-4582.

Please let the Governor know, in no uncertain terms, No licenses or driver privilege cards for illegal aliens under any circumstances. If he continues to push for licenses for illegals, he will experience the same resistance and career killing publicity as Elliot Spitzer in New York.

Here's what illegal alien advocates are telling their members, you must fight back against those that stand for the status quo and unfettered illegal immigration:

http://causaoregon.blogspot.com/2007/11/protect-drivers-license-access-for.html

THIS FRIDAY Oregon Governor Ted Kulongoski is planning to issue an executive order that would bar Oregon's undocumented immigrants from accessing a driver's license.

Under the Governor's proposed executive order, DMV would limit the documents accepted to get a driver's license, eliminating undocumented immigrants use to qualify such as the Matricula card or foreign birth certificates. Currently under Oregon law, all residents of Oregon -regardless of legal status- can obtain a driver's license, a important public safety policy.

So, I will be waiting in anticipation of the annoumcement, and will try to keep tabs and report what I have heard ,if someone here in Oregon does not report before I do. Either way, one of us Oregonians will keep ALIPAC in the know about this.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I called and left a message

I said that I would prefer that under NO Circumstances should we be allowing illegal aliens, a way to drive or get ID in this state.

We'll see how it goes..... perhaps I'll fax too Left my name and number in case someone wants to get back to me (yeah right).

I was appalled to learn this about our state, and for me.... this is THE NUMBER ONE issue in which I will decide ANY politician's worthiness of my vote.

Thanks for all you do,

Parfie

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Welcome Parfie!! From one Oregonian to another.

This is one of the worst things, is to allow them to have licenses, as then with a license, they can go into a state office and any other social service office and get financial and food help, when they should not qualify due to their illegal status, among other issues it allows too.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here's a second welcome from another Oregonian...

(Yes, I've been calling on this recently too).