Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

SAFE Act (HR 2305) would end the visa lottery!

SAFE Act would end the visa lottery!

The Security and Fairness Enhancement (SAFE) for America Act, HR 2305, by Representative Bob Goodlatte (R-VA), would eliminate the visa lottery that annually awards 50,000 green cards to people without regard to the needs of this country.

This program is emblematic of the failure of our immigration policy--giving away American citizenship based on a drawing. Senator Kennedy originally designed it as a means of allowing in more "underrepresented Irish."

Furthermore, the visa lottery also encourages illegal immigration. Illegal aliens break our laws in the hope that they may eventually win the lottery and be allowed to remain in the United States.

Over 20 years ago, the U.S. Commission on Immigration Reform, chaired by the late Barbara Jordan, recommended the elimination of the visa lottery. It is time to adopt this recommendation as a first step in reining in out-of-control immigration.

ACTION NEEDED

Presently, there are over 40 co-sponsors. Encourage your Representative to support and co-sponsor this measure or if he/she is already a co-sponsor, please thank them. Send a fax or an e-mail by entering your ZIP Code and clicking "Go!" below.

http://capwiz.com/caps/issues/alert/?alertid=13910981

Sent email. EASY!

Co-Sponsors:

Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Bilbray, Brian P. [CA-50] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Blackburn, Marsha [TN-7] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Blunt, Roy [MO-7] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Boozman, John [AR-3] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Boucher, Rick [VA-9] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Cantor, Eric [VA-7] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Chaffetz, Jason [UT-3] - 5/21/2009
    Rep Conaway, K. Michael [TX-11] - 5/7/2009
    Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [OR-4] - 7/31/2009
    Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 6/18/2009
    Rep Forbes, J. Randy [VA-4] - 6/3/2009
    Rep Fortenberry, Jeff [NE-1] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Gallegly, Elton [CA-24] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Gordon, Bart [TN-6] - 7/30/2009
    Rep Harper, Gregg [MS-3] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Heller, Dean [NV-2] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Herger, Wally [CA-2] - 7/30/2009
    Rep Herseth Sandlin, Stephanie [SD] - 5/7/2009
    Rep King, Steve [IA-5] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Kline, John [MN-2] - 6/3/2009
    Rep Lamborn, Doug [CO-5] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Linder, John [GA-7] - 5/21/2009
    Rep Luetkemeyer, Blaine [MO-9] - 7/8/2009
    Rep Marshall, Jim [GA-8] - 7/30/2009
    Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 6/3/2009
    Rep Miller, Candice S. [MI-10] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Myrick, Sue Wilkins [NC-9] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Neugebauer, Randy [TX-19] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Poe, Ted [TX-2] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Posey, Bill [FL-15] - 6/18/2009
    Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [CA-46] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Sensenbrenner, F. James, Jr. [WI-5] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Sherman, Brad [CA-27] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Smith, Adrian [NE-3] - 5/21/2009
    Rep Smith, Lamar [TX-21] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Sullivan, John [OK-1] - 5/7/2009
    Rep Tiahrt, Todd [KS-4] - 7/8/2009
    Rep Wittman, Robert J. [VA-1] - 5/21/2009
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go to http://thomas.loc.gov/home/thomas.html for bill language and co-sponsors. And email the pudding out of those not in support of this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just e-mailed my Rep. Walter Jones.

"Furthermore, the visa lottery also encourages illegal immigration. Illegal aliens break our laws in the hope that they may eventually win the lottery and be allowed to remain in the United States. "
    What? So nonsense!!!!!
    First of all, wherever in the world you are, if you win a Diversity Visa Lottery", you have to return to your country of origin to process the visa. You can not process diversity visa lottery while staying in US.
    Second, almost everybody who came to US through a Diversity Visa Lotter can work and support themselves. Legal immigrants are not a threat to any one.

This is an action to end diversity under the cover of illegal immigration issues.

Welcome, JTThomas! And I think you are right as far as the visa lottery having processing in the home country. These will be legal immigrants with a right to work.
    And have to question your last statement:
    This is an action to end diversity under the cover of illegal immigration issues.
    I would appreciate an elaboration on that, as I have had about as much "diversity" as I can take daily.
    Even legal immigrants these days have no reason to assimilate into this society, and with older folks coming legally through chain migration, there is absolutely no need to learn English. They all stick around their ethnic enclaves.
    Our economy is in the toilet; the dollar is worth a few pennies of what it was in 1942; so many jobs have been outsourced or insourced (or filled by cheap illegal labor); and why do I have to press 1 for English while I see my taxdollars going to pay for schools that need to be expanded continually because of legals' and illegals' anchor babies; and I worry about the basic resources being strained to the breaking point, like WATER!
    I am just a normal American that is one of the taxpaying contributors to our country, one of the employers of the administration and Congress and the Supreme Court. And I am very upset the Census will count people with no right to be here and continually grant visas, temporary ones where we have no other means of checking if they leave at expiration, or no way to check where a person is even present in this country with permission.
    I will end my treatise here as I don't think the net has enough bytes for everything I could say.

April

Time to ROLL against Amnesty Patriots!!!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-962599.html#962599