Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

working4change

Senate Threatens to Lift HIV/AIDS Travel Ban

FEATURED ALERT

Senate Bill Threatens to Lift Ban on HIV/AIDS-Infected Travelers to U.S.
    Tell your Senators to Restore the Ban by Supporting the Sessions Amendment!

July 15, 2008

Last Friday, the U.S. Senate voted on a cloture motion to proceed to debate the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), which includes a provision that would repeal the long-standing ban on individuals infected with the HIV/AIDS virus from visiting or immigrating to the United States.

Take Action www.eagleforum.org

Re: Senate Threatens to Lift HIV/AIDS Travel Ban

I don't mind AMERICAN aids/HIV people here.

My problem is dumping more of the us TAXPAYERS money into these illegals! They are already bankrupting the USA along with the illegal war that Bush the war criminal started.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

i

We definitely need to keep diseased people out of our country.

I recently worked in the Sultanate of Oman and I was required to be AID/HIV free before they would give me a residence VISA.

I thought the Senate passed a 50 billion dollar bill Thurs. for World Aids Relief which included allowing AIDS/HIV Pos. immgration/visa holders to enter the USA.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Code:
    Senate Bill Threatens to Lift Ban on HIV/AIDS-Infected Travelers to U.
    For the public good of our citizens no doubt? Who are these mutinous wretches working for? Undermining the security and prosperity of America and her people for what purpose? Did some multi-gazzilionaires w/aids want to travel here???
    We are NOT a nation of immigrants!

HIV/AIDS-Related Travel Restrictions
    The Senate on Wednesday is scheduled to consider a provision included in the PEPFAR legislation that would end restrictions on HIV-positive visitors to the U.S. (CQ Today, 7/15). Under the provision, sponsored by Sens. John Kerry (D-Mass.) and Gordon Smith (R-Ore.), HIV would be considered equivalent to other communicable diseases for which medical and public health experts at HHS -- not consular officials at U.S. embassies -- determine eligibility for admission. Under the amendment, HIV-positive individuals seeking legal permanent residency still would have to demonstrate they have the resources to live in the U.S. and would not become a "public charge."

"There's no excuse for a law that stigmatizes a particular disease," Kerry said, adding that it is "time to move beyond an antiquated, knee-jerk reaction" to people living with HIV/AIDS. However, Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Ala.) might offer an amendment to eliminate the Kerry-Smith provision, citing Congressional Budget Office estimates that new immigrants coming to the U.S. under the relaxed policy could cost the government more than $80 million over a 10-year period. The amendment would offset the cost of new immigrants by increasing the price of applying for a visitor's visa by $1 for three years and $2 for the next five years. Although the House version of the PEPFAR legislation does not include the travel and immigration provision, some advocates have said that it will be included in the final version that is sent to Bush (Abrams, AP/Google.com, 7/16).
    clip

http://globalhealthreporting.org/articl ... R_ID=53319

Romans 5:8[/quote]
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This was posted yesterday here at Alipac:

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&t=123843

Romans 5:8
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)