Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

U.S. Hispanic COC Call to Identify Hate Crimes in Media

http://www.hispanicprwire.com/news.php? ... 237&cha=14

From MIIA

U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Applauds Call to Identify Link between Media Coverage and Hate Crimes

Study will help address the role of anti-immigration media coverage and increased hate crimes committed against Hispanics based on their ethnicity

Washington, DC--(HISPANIC PR WIRE)--December 10, 2007--The U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce (USHCC), today applauded U.S. Senator Robert Menendez (D-NJ) for calling on an updated study of a 1993 congressionally-mandated report on the relationship between the use of electronic communications and media communications to encourage acts of hate crimes or to spread messages of hate. In a letter addressed to U.S. Secretary of Commerce Carlos M. Gutierrez (Menendez.senate.gov/pdf/120507lettertoSecretaryofCommerce.pdf), Sen. Menendez calls on reviving the study to address the current climate of rhetoric regarding immigrants.

“The U.S. Hispanic Chamber of Commerce has become increasingly engaged in countering half truths about small businesses and employment law due to increased media coverage that is given to anti-immigrant groups,â€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LNR

Not once did this article say "anti-ILLEGAL-immigrant". Hate crimes are not aimed at immigrants. This is ridiculous.
    Illegal immigration and the war in Iraq have 2 things in common:
    1. Nationalize expenses 2. Privatize profits
    Register "INDEPENDENT"

The hispanic COC and the U.S. COC are peas in a pod........both are IA huggers.

And the fact that people have become so much more anti-hispanic/latino since 2004, is because of the street demonstrations and DEMANDS of ILLEGAL ALIENS. And citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS are getting more so EVERY DAY.

Citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS are getting tired of the ILLEGAL ALIENS mooching off taxpayers for benefits, health care and education.

And VERY tired of ILLEGAL ALIENS taking jobs away from citizens and LEGAL IMMIGRANTS.

So don't blame the media..........WE ARE THE ONES COMPLAINING TO THEM. If NEWSPAPERS and others (CNN, MSNBC, FOX, et al, were not so biased towards the ILLEGAL ALIENS because of their CORPORATE OWNERS, the internet would not be saturated with ILLEGAL ALIEN NEWS.

And RACIST GROUPS SUCH AS LULAC AND MALDEF, do nothing to help the siutation, except make it worse........their demands are on a par with the ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Perhaps Senator Robert Menendez should consider moving to mexico and making an attempt to do something about the corrupt government and the elite who don't give a d___ about their uneducated and the poor.

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    I have no use for Either of the hispanic COC and the U.S. COC.

What I believe is that this wackos are going to try and shut down talk radio as well as TV such as Lou Dobbs so they can push their agenda.

I have had it with corrupt entities that try to change American law for the all mighty dollar

The back lash is coming from the American people and it is going to be huge.... you folks, the President and this nation has not seen it yet..

we are just starting to come to a boil as far as the American patience
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

(MOD EDIT BY WILLIAM)

*** We do not link to Pro America Companies or post their material at ALIPAC because this group does not meet our quality standards. ***
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We do not link to Pro America Companies or post their material at ALIPAC because this group does not meet our quality standards. ***

I had serious misgivings about this organization the first time someone linked to their site and they had the Pilgrim's logo up there as a pro-American company, based on a supposed firing of some illegals.

I think they would like to censor people like Lou Dobbs, and talk radio - but I think they would like to go after the internet also.

Move on.....Ethno-centric groups are passe

AS an American of Hispanic heritage, I never have understood why other Hispanics feel it necessary to segregate themselves and have their own, Chamber of Commerce, their own state "advisory" groups etc. until I started getting involved in the fight against illegal immigration. Stealthily, Mexicans and Mexican Americans were slowly building power by gaining jobs in academia, government and starting government funded "social services/advocacy" agencies under the guise of "diversity" and "multi-culturalism". The goal of these ethn-supremacists wasn't to diversity anything but to make sure that they are in a position of power to hire/harbor and assist any fellow "La RAZA" member when it comes to preferences for hiring, grants, appointments, etc. and consolidate their power. There's a lot of government grant money out there if you are Hispanic ethnic-hustler.

I find this repulsive. The people who play that game make it harder for the rest of us to be judged by our merits and not our savvy in playing the ethnicity card. My parents never looked at this country with an "us versus them" attitude. Perhaps that's why I don't either. We're Americans and the opportunities to get ahead should be open to all without regard to, or without special preferences for members of certain ethnicities. It's time to move on with the culture of victimhood and false and unjustified self-entitlement.

Re: Move on.....Ethno-centric groups are passe

Quote Originally Posted by legalatina
    AS an American of Hispanic heritage, I never have understood why other Hispanics feel it necessary to segregate themselves and have their own, Chamber of Commerce, their own state "advisory" groups etc. until I started getting involved in the fight against illegal immigration. Stealthily, Mexicans and Mexican Americans were slowly building power by gaining jobs in academia, government and starting government funded "social services/advocacy" agencies under the guise of "diversity" and "multi-culturalism". The goal of these ethn-supremacists wasn't to diversity anything but to make sure that they are in a position of power to hire/harbor and assist any fellow "La RAZA" member when it comes to preferences for hiring, grants, appointments, etc. and consolidate their power. There's a lot of government grant money out there if you are Hispanic ethnic-hustler.

I find this repulsive. The people who play that game make it harder for the rest of us to be judged by our merits and not our savvy in playing the ethnicity card. My parents never looked at this country with an "us versus them" attitude. Perhaps that's why I don't either. We're Americans and the opportunities to get ahead should be open to all without regard to, or without special preferences for members of certain ethnicities. It's time to move on with the culture of victimhood and false and unjustified self-entitlement.
    I find it repulsive too. I'm an American of mixed Hispanic, Native American and Caucasian heritage. I know many Mexican/Hispanic who join groups like La Raza, LULAC and MECHA to further promote their racist and supremacist beliefs and like you mentioned these groups often recieve grant money. The members of these groups probably will never consider themselves suprermacists or racists they will always try to justify their beliefs and actions. I was raised by my parents like you never to play ethnicity card. My parents taught that race/ethnicity should not be a merit that hard work and ethics are the true merits. There will always be people who of different races and religions will use those to get special preferences. Nobody choses their race or ethnicity or the histories behind those but I feel like you that Americans of different backgrounds should be given equal opportunties. It's time to end affirmative action and the goverment funding and support of etho-centric groups.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/

Legallatina and browneyes106, I agree 100%. My mother is 87 and screams every time talk turns to illegal aliens. She remembers the sacrifices we all made to get here legally and NO handouts.

Regarding the HCOC article, are they also counting hispanic on hispanic crime as "hate" crimes? Technically, those crimes shouldn't count, right?

The media LOVES illegal aliens, they are so biased for illegals, it's not even funny, so I don't know what the HCOC is watching.
    "