Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned

URGENT ACTION NEEDED !!!!!!!!

Date: Tuesday 4:15 p.m. EST

Sen. Cornyn trying to ram SKIL act for huge H-1B boost of foreign tech workers

NOT A MINUTE TO WASTE, FRIENDS,

High inside congressional sources have just informed our Capitol Hill Team that Sen. Cornyn (R-TX) appears to be on the edge of negotiating an agreement to allow him to slip a bill through the Senate (maybe tonight -- maybe tomorrow) that would entail a gigantic increase in 3-year H-1B visas for tech and other skilled foreign workers and more than a doubling of annual permanent employment-based green cards!

Capitol Switchboard
    202-224-3121

I warned all of you about this last week. Thanks to all who have been faxing and calling abou this.

ONLY PHONE CALLS CAN MAKE THE DIFFERENCE AT THIS MOMENT.

I am sending this to only those of you who live in a state of a Senator whom we usually can count on as a friend of American workers, particularly Americans working in the tech and engineering fields.

HERE ARE THE SENATORS WHO NEED CALLS RIGHT NOW TO ASK THEM TO PROTECT US FROM THE CORNYN "SNEAK PASS" (notice that this is a bi-partisan groups of pro-worker stalwarts):

Bunning (R-KY)
    Byrd (D-WV)
    Coburn (R-OK)
    Crapo (R-ID)
    DeMint (R-SC)
    Dorgan (D-ND)
    Ensign (R-NV)
    Grassley (R-IA)
    Inhofe (R-OK)
    Isakson (R-GA)
    Ben Nelson (D-NE)
    Santorum (R-PA)
    Sessions (R-AL)
    Stabenow (D-MI)
    Thune (R-SD)
    Vitter (R-LA)

WHAT TO SAY

"Sen. XXXX has usually been one of the best friends of American workers against unfair foreign worker competition.

"I urge you to make sure that he/she knows about what Sen. Cornyn is trying to do.

"Can you promise me that Sen. XXXX will watch the floor proceedings and get to the floor in time to block any unanimous consent for any bill this week that would increase the importation of foreign workers?"

Obviously, put this into your own words. Use information from the background provided below.

Be exceedingly courteous. You are talking to an office of a friend. Make it clear that you admire this Senator's past immigration actions to protect American workers.

Hopefully, your Senator will be getting a lot of calls. The purpose is not to harrass but to make sure the staff knows how serious his/her constituents take the threat.

For much more information about this issue go to our page at:

www.numbersusa.com/interests/hightech.html

I know that many of our NumbersUSA members strongly oppose all illegal immigration and basically agree that we should reduce legal immigration but also think the country has a great need for more skilled workers.

It is understandable that some of you would believe that because the tech industry has paid millions of dollars to high-powered public relations firms to plant that view in most of the country's newspapers.

But one federal study after another has failed to find a conclusive need for these foreign workers, while experts like Prof. Norm Matloff of the University of California continue to find that large numbers of trained American tech workers can't find jobs in their fields and the wages for American tech workers and engineers continue to be stagnant. None of this suggests there is a labor shortage requiring mass importation of foreign workers.

For me, the clincher in the debate is that the tech industry has resolutely fought any effort inside Congress to require that their solicitation of foreign workers be entirely public and transparent. If they truly need the workers, then they should not object to posting these jobs on a special internet website so that all Americans would first have the opportunity to apply for the jobs and then for that website to keep a record of each company that ends up hiring foreign workers, the number of workers for each company and a description of the job duties and pay for each. This would expose a lot of the fraud that currently is in the program. But the tech companies want nothing of that kind of good-faith behavior.

The all-purpose message to make in your calls today and all next week while Congress is in town is:

DON'T ADD ANY MORE IMMIGRATION TO OUR COMMUNITIES.

America is already overwhelmed with nearly 50 million foreign workers and their dependents. Enough is enough.

ENFORCE THE LAWS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

REDUCE LEGAL IMMIGRATION.

No sneaking of immigration provisions into any spending bills.

THANKS,

ROY BECK

There is a web site for U.S. tech people who are against the H1B visas but I cant rember what it is. They need to know this as well.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

I thought this Congress was adjourned?
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)