Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

White House has shut down phones for today -- call Monday

Date: Friday 1DEC06 2 p.m. EST

White House has shut down phones for today -- call Monday

DEAR FRIENDS,

1. We've been informed that the White House has shut down all of its phones to the public today.

So, all of you who have received recent alerts requesting phone calls to the White House should not bother today.

I hope you will try again on Monday.

2. Meanwhile, our fax-writing team has put up numerous new faxes to send over the last week. Most of them are for people in specific geographic areas or who have checked specific interests on the NumbersUSA Interest Survey.

Please be sure that you have sent all faxes on your corkboard with which you agree.

See your corkboard at:
    www.NumbersUSA.com/actionbuffet

We want all Members of Congress, when they arrive back in Washington next week for the lame duck session, to be told by their staffers that their constituents are STILL insistent about no amnesty and no increases in immigration.

3. About 70,000 of you now have taken at least parts of the Interest Survey, allowing you to be a part of much more sophisticated and powerful activism and pressure on your Members of Congress.

If you have not taken the Interest Survey, please click on this link and do so:

www.numbersusa.com/survey?action=longlist

Our staff has particularly been busy lately helping many of you fight to help your local governments adopt new rules against illegal immigrants. We often use the survey to determine who should get these action alerts.

4. There remains a frightening possibility that Congress will return next week and slip through a provision to greatly increase the importation of H-1B tech workers and other skilled foreign workers.

For much more information about this issue go to our page at:

www.numbersusa.com/interests/hightech.html

I know that many of our NumbersUSA members strongly oppose all illegal immigration and basically agree that we should reduce legal immigration but also think the country has a great need for more skilled workers.

It is understandable that some of you would believe that because the tech industry has paid millions of dollars to high-powered public relations firms to plant that view in most of the country's newspapers.

But one federal study after another has failed to find a conclusive need for these foreign workers, while experts like Prof. Norm Matloff of the University of California continue to find that large numbers of trained American tech workers can't find jobs in their fields and the wages for American tech workers and engineers continue to be stagnant. None of this suggests there is a labor shortage requiring mass importation of foreign workers.

For me, the clincher in the debate is that the tech industry has resolutely fought any effort inside Congress to require that their solicitation of foreign workers be entirely public and transparent. If they truly need the workers, then they should not object to posting these jobs on a special internet website so that all Americans would first have the opportunity to apply for the jobs and then for that website to keep a record of each company that ends up hiring foreign workers, the number of workers for each company and a description of the job duties and pay for each. This would expose a lot of the fraud that currently is in the program. But the tech companies want nothing of that kind of good-faith behavior.

If you feel strongly that Congress next week should not allow any kind of increase in the H-1B visa category, "tell it to your congressman." You will see the phone numbers for your U.S. Representative and two Senators at:

www.numbersusa.com/myMembers

The all-purpose message to make in your calls today and all next week while Congress is in town is:

DON'T ADD ANY MORE IMMIGRATION TO OUR COMMUNITIES.

America is already overwhelmed with nearly 50 million foreign workers and their dependents. Enough is enough.

ENFORCE THE LAWS AGAINST ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

REDUCE LEGAL IMMIGRATION.

No sneaking of immigration provisions into any spending bills.

THANKS,

ROY BECK
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Were they closed for the swearing in ceremony of Mexico's President?

You know that is a very important celebration in the US.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I THINK THEY CLOSED THE PHONES

I THINK THEY CLOSED THE PHONES BECaUSE THERE IS NO SECURITY AND THE WHITEHOUSE AND CONGRESS WENT OVER TO MEXICO TO REFEREE THE MEXICAN CONGRESS.........hhhhhaaaaa
    lol
    :P
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

I got through this morning. I said my piece and the woman on the other end sounded like she was sucking a lemon when she told me that my comments had been noted.
    Didn't even wish me a Merry Christmas or Feliz Navidad!!!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

hhhahhahaahh
    merry christmas a little early
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Were they closed for the swearing in ceremony of Mexico's President?

You know that is a very important celebration in the US.

Dixie
    LOL! Right up there with Stinky Mayo day.