Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member controlledImmigration's Avatar

$128 Million Pot Bust in Santa Barbara

Biggest Pot Bust in Santa Barbara History?

At Least 80,000 Plants Found on North County Ranch

Tuesday, September 25, 2007
    By Nick Welsh (Contact)

Photo: Dibblee Hoyt
    Biggest Pot Bust in Santa Barbara History?

At Least 80,000 Plants Found on North County Ranch

Santa Barbara Sheriffs Deputies seized what may be the largest number of marijuana plants in county history from ranch land on both sides of Highway 1 near Lompoc. One of the ranches involved was owned by the family of Jim Poett, husband of Independent editor and co-owner Marianne Partridge. Sheriffs spokesman Sgt. Erik Raney said none of the property owners were considered suspects, and that they’d been extremely cooperative. It’s typical, said Raney, for clandestine cultivators to locate their operations on secluded and remote lands not useful for farming and ranching.

“We aren’t even halfway finished counting, and it’s very, very, very big,â€

Channel 3 News vid: http://www.keyt.com/
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Channel 3 News vid: http://www.keyt.com/news/local/10018711 ... re=9520462

Santa Barbara/ Ventura Counties are becoming infested with the third world lifestyle being brought across our borders. A friend of mine out on a hike on Ranch property above the Rincon, was threatened by two hispanic males who had guns pointed on him. He was told to leave and never come back or he would regret it. He told me there are many places in Los Padres and closer to the foothills where pot is grown by drug cartels originally from Mexico. My friend cautioned me to be wary while on my hikes.
    "Â*An appeaser is someone who feds a crocidile hoping to be eaten last " Winston Churchill

Standingalone, we have had this same problem in UT as well. There are many places outside of Bryce Canyon which have been used as big pot farms as well.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Don't know if it's still true, but pot farming used to be OR's #1 cash crop.
    Now, it seems, with the large-scale arrival of Mexican drug cartels, the problem is much worse...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)