Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THE $30,000+ Check Scam (upstate NY)

Featured News
    The $30,000+ check scam | Lou Gramm Talks to Wayne Students on Career Day

The $30,000+ check scam

Area stores and bank hit with a coordinated, sophisticated scheme that took place in just several hours on a busy Friday

It was not unusual to have fifteen or twenty farm migrants line up on a Friday afternoon at the Paton's MarketPlace grocery store in Sodus to cash their payroll checks. Likewise, it was not unusual for the M&T Bank in Webster to have a line of migrants from B&D Farms in Marion line up and cash their payroll checks. According to Bill Paton, the line of check cashers in his store often backs up to his deli area during the busy times on Fridays. B&D Farms is on file with the MarketPlace store and with other stores around Wayne County , where for many years, the migrant workers knew they could cash their checks and stock up on needed groceries.

What was unusual was what happened within a few hours on Friday, November 9th, the beginning of a holiday weekend. In what is being described as the ‘Perfect Storm' of circumstances, Paton's MarketPlace, along with other grocery stores and even M&T Bank itself, were scammed out of what police estimate is $30,000 or more in a “sophisticatedâ€

What a shock, finding 20 alien farm workers who would commit a felony
    and rip off the people who provide work and cash there checks.

Must be a mistake, we know these hard workers with family values only want a better life..............
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Migrant Workers in area mostly are Illegal Immigrants!

The migrant workers as phrased in the article is code for mostly illegal immigrants. This is farm country and this year there has been a drop in the illegals but a enough made it even with the crackdowns by the Department of HomeLand Security in the country.

Oh I hope they get grief now... the farmers...LOL ; Look at what your doing to the town etc and the county!

So who's out the $30,000? The places that cashed the checks or B&Dfarm??

Either way, it serves them right for using illegal aliens to harvest.
    Proud wife of an undocumented ICE agent.
    Definition of a RACIST according to Madeline Cosman : Real American Committed to Integrity Sovereignty and Truth

If the laws there are like the laws here, the businesses have to eat the loss if they are not insured against that type of loss. Banks would be covered by the feds I think. That of course, all comes down to the American taxpayer.

“There is no doubt this was a quick, sophisticated thing, way up and beyond the normal. I couldn't believe it,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

[quote="Gogo"]“There is no doubt this was a quick, sophisticated thing, way up and beyond the normal. I couldn't believe it,â€
    I don't care who you are, how you got here, what color you are, what language/dialect you speak... If you didn't get here legally then you don't belong here. Period.

[quote="orchid_noir"][quote="Gogo"]“There is no doubt this was a quick, sophisticated thing, way up and beyond the normal. I couldn't believe it,â€