Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

`He needs help,' town's Latinos say of NC Drunk Driver

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ ... 238685.htm

Posted on Wed, Nov. 23, 2005

`He needs help,' town's Latinos say

News of fatal crash, charge rattles friends, acquaintances

FRANCO ORDONEZ

fordonez@charlotteobserver.com

LAKE CITY, S.C. - Members of the Latino community here characterized Jorge Hernandez Soto on Tuesday as a hard-working man who made a terrible mistake and now needs help.

Oscar Correa, a Salvadoran construction worker, said he ran into Hernandez Soto last month at a party. Correa said Hernandez Soto asked about Correa's family in El Salvador and spoke of his own in Mexico and a desire to see them.

Correa told the Observer he's known Hernandez Soto casually for about three years and called him "a good person."

"This is a terrible tragedy," he said. "He should not have been driving, but we can't undo what's happened. He is a human being; now he needs help."

Hernandez Soto faces charges that include driving while impaired and second-degree murder. He is accused of driving a Ford Expedition against traffic on Interstate 485 at speeds topping 100 mph before smashing into a Nissan 350Z driven by a UNC Charlotte freshman, Min Chang, who was killed in the crash.

About 6,500 people live in Lake City, about 130 miles southeast of Charlotte, nestled in tobacco country. Estimates of the local Latino population range from several hundred to a couple of thousand, according to staff at Marianita's Tienda Hispana, a business that serves as a restaurant, convenience store, movie rental shop and clothing store.

Most are Mexican seasonal workers, who pick tobacco, cucumbers and sweet potatoes.

News of the tragedy came as a shock to the Hispanic community.

Santos Hernandez-Mendez, who is unrelated but has some mutual friends with Hernandez Soto, said too many Latinos end up behind the wheel after drinking.

"People need to think more," said the 28-year-old Mexican-born box maker. "Think how much his (the victim's) mother is hurting now."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Oh my God.

I think I'm going to email this Franco Ordonez for his pathetic reporting. This is a shameful attempt at damage control. He's trying to save the reputation of his hard working illegals... err, Latino's.

NEWS OF THE ACCIDENT CAME AS A SURPRISE to the HISPANIC COMMUNITY???? WHY would it be a suprise??? Almost every drunk driving accident or most every other type of crime SEEMS to be committed by hispanic illegals. Every time I read the crime reports in the paper, there are TONS of hispanic names. I would be real interested in knowing what percentage of crimes are committed by them in Charlotte. Or any other town in North Carolina for that matter.
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

Here is the phone number for Franco Ordonez

(704) 358-6180

I got his message machine when I called but I will be calling this assbag again.

You GET HIM, TheWatchdog!! GGGRRRRRRRRRRRR!
    "POWER TENDS TO CORRUPT AND ABSOLUTE POWER CORRUPTS ABSOLUTELY." Sir John Dalberg-Acton

he needs help

I need a million dollars, please open an account in my name.

This recidivist idiot criminal has taken a sovereign US life.

I have an Island in the Bering Sea(no chance of escape) I would let him live on. I'd even spare him a shovel, some plastic, some hip waders and a sheep. Box a crackers on Christmas.

Those of you who know my posts, know that I believe in clemency. cheers glenn

What about a MULE?

it wouldn't be fair to the mule

It wouldn't be fair to the mule, they are creatures of keen intelligence. Besides, that would make life easy. Can't ride a sheep, oh I forgot that was what the waders are for. g

Soto deserves nothing more than a trial, prison sentence and deportation- for the 18th time.

The family of Min Chang are the people who need help!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They sure are, had_enuf. So very sad. AND, so very infuriating. That didn't have to happen and he ought to be strung up in the public square.