Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

{Sob}Day Laborers Sue Chicago

January 31, 2008
    Day Laborers Sue Chicago
    By Akito Yoshikane
    Chicago day laborers look for work outside of the Home Depot on 47th St. and Western Ave. in Chicago.
    Share Digg del.icio.us Reddit Newsvine On Dec. 5, two day laborers, in conjunction with the workers’ rights group Chicago Committee for the Right to Work, filed a federal lawsuit against the city of Chicago. They charged city police with systematically harassing and falsely arresting workers who gather on the city’s street corners in search of employment.

“Day laborers have been suffering from police harassment for decades in this city and it’s come to a point where we want to do something to end it,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

work in peace

Well David, if you find "work in peace" on that Chicago corner, I hope your employer is arrested for aiding and abetting the laws of the United States. When the employment id gone--you can return to your native land and help your fellow countrymrn to build a better, stronger country.

PS The rights of anyone in America is to not be abused and to be protected by the law, the same laws that protect Americans will have people arrested for being here illegally. If you are here legally, welcome, if not Adios!

and 27 percent had their immigration status checked.
    only 27%
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    and 27 percent had their immigration status checked.
    only 27%
    It's a sanctuary what do you expect?

Just kidding Cayla . . .seriously, I'm surprised they checked anybody's status at all. It must have something to do with that DHS lawsuit that was recently filed against Chicago. Otherwise the latino government that pretty much runs things would be all over the media screaming.
    It's Time to Rescind the 14th Amendment

I do not know where to begin with this.

I guess Chicago does not have loitering laws. I guess it's not condsidered a public nuisance when legitimate shoppers have to wade through groups of day laborers just to shop at a Home depot.

That's why I will no longer shop at Home Depot. Home Depot cound do more about this issue if they really cared about their customers. I should not have to be subjected to a group of illegals engaged often in lewd conduct in order to patronize their business.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

illegal alien day laborers are like

Hogwash, illegal alien day laborers are trying to secure illegal employment, this is no different than sting operations to arrest prostitutes. They too, are "hard-workers" many, just trying to "feed their families" and they get arrested for loitering, pandering and criminal solicitiation. Illegal alien day laborers are no different, in fact, they have less standing to protest as they are also illegally present in this country, in that state, in that City and on that sidewalk. Prostitutes for the most part are citizens, but do not have the right to solicit for illegal employment.