Like Tree3Likes

Thread: ‘VOTE FOR PAUL RYAN IS VOTE FOR AMNESTY': LUIS GUTIERREZ ENDORSES PAUL RYAN FOR SPEAK

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

‘VOTE FOR PAUL RYAN IS VOTE FOR AMNESTY': LUIS GUTIERREZ ENDORSES PAUL RYAN FOR SPEAK

‘VOTE FOR PAUL RYAN IS VOTE FOR AMNESTY': LUIS GUTIERREZ ENDORSES PAUL RYAN FOR SPEAKER

by JULIA HAHN
    9 Oct 2015Washington D.C.

Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-IL)
    is endorsingRep. Paul Ryan (R-WI) for Speaker of the House of Representatives. Gutierrez, perhaps the most extreme open-borders advocate in Congress, was interviewed on MSNBC.

As CNN is now reporting, “Democratic Rep. Luis Gutierrez on MSNBC called Ryan one of the smartest men in the GOP. ‘He would be good for the country,’ Gutierrez said. ‘He would be good for the Republican Party. Paul Ryan is the kind of individual that would work with people on the other side of the aisle and that’s what we need.'”

Gutierrez has worked tirelessly to expand immigration levels and open America’s borders up to the rest of the world. As Gutierrez once declared, “I have only one loyalty…and that’s to the immigrant community.”
    Gutierrez and Paul Ryan have been longtime partners on efforts to open Americans borders. Indeed, Paul Ryan is arguably the most pro-amnesty GOP lawmaker in Congress, and even supports expanding immigration levels beyond many Democrats.
    Many amnesty opponents believe that if Ryan had been House Speaker, rather than Rep. John Boehner (R-OH)

, the Gang of Eight bill would have been sent to President Obama’s desk.As NumbersUSA’s Director of Government Relations told Breitbart News: “A vote for Paul Ryan is a vote for Gang of Eight style amnesty that includes massive increases in legal immigration and replacing American workers with foreign-born workers. A vote for Paul Ryan is a vote to continue Obama’s transformation of America.”

Luis Gutierrez has called Paul Ryan his “good friend” and “guiding light” on immigration. Gutierrez’s glowing comments are featured on Ryan’s website to this day.

As Politico reported in 2012, “Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) said Wednesday that Paul Ryan had reached across the aisle to work with him on immigration reform and added that the Wisconsin Republican told him, “I want to do it because it’s the right thing.”

In 2013, Guterriez described Ryan as his ally in Gutierrez’s goal to “free” the illegal immigrant community: “When I sit down and talk to people, I clear the table, so I can see Paul Ryan not as budget chairman… but as a friend and an ally to free 11 million people.”

Indeed, Paul Ryan helped craft the House Republican Immigration Principles that doomed Eric Cantor’s congressional career and whipped votes for Obama’s amnesty plan. Ryan also opposed Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)
    ’ effort to kill the Gang of Eight bill. When then-Ranking Member Jeff Sessions exposed how the Gang of Eight bill would cost American taxpayers trillions, Ryan used his Budget Committee prestige in the House to argue that an influx of poor immigrants would somehow reduce the deficit.As Conservative Review’s Daniel Horowitz recently wrote, “There is nobody around in the party who is more fanatically dedicated to the cause of open borders than Paul Ryan.” Ryan has even campaigned for amnesty with Gutierrez.

A Congressional aide told Breitbart News, “Putting Paul Ryan’s finger on the nuclear switch when it comes to open borders is one of the most terrifying thoughts imaginable. It’s no different than giving La Raza control over whether America has a border.” If Ryan became speaker, he would have unilateral control over whether amnesty and immigration-expansion legislation came up for a vote.

America’s foreign-born population is at an all-time record high of more than 42 million, but Ryan has argued that America faces labor shortages unless even more poor immigrants are provided to wealthy CEOs.

Ryan has similarly come under criticism for busting federal budget caps, pushing through spending and debt increases, having been “shredded” by Joe Biden in the Vice Presidential 2012 debate, and being one of the central architects of Obamatrade.

In what may come to be regarded as one of American political history’s greatest ironies, a revolt which began with the unseating of Majority Leader Eric Cantor would result in the installment of his intellectual soulmate, Paul Ryan, as Speaker of the House.

However, whereas Gutierrez criticized Cantor for not being open borders enough, he has endorsed his longtime ally Paul Ryan. Whereas a Pelosi speakership would likely make an amnesty compromise between a GOP senate and Democrat House impossible, if Ryan wields the gavel, the Gang of Eight – or something just like it – could very quickly come back to life.
    As Ryan once told the pro-amnesty Hispanic Chamber of Commerce “To me, it’s not a question of ‘if’ we fix our broken immigration laws… it’s really a question of ‘when.’”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-ryan-speaker/

Banned
    What the...!

FLASHBACK: PAUL RYAN WORKED FOR JOHN BOEHNER IN COLLEGE

If Rep. Paul Ryan (R-WI)
    wants the House Speaker’s job, he likely needs to distance himself from departing House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-OH) .But a glance at the WayBack Machine reveals that Ryan has been very close to Boehner for a quarter-century.

“While a student, Ryan put up yard signs and did other volunteer work for the congressional campaign of John Boehner, the West Chester Republican who’s now speaker of the House,” the Associated Press noted in a 2012 article about Ryan’s commencement speech at his alma mater, Miami University of Ohio.

Ryan referred to his college gig at a 2012 rally while running for vice president. Boehner introduced Ryan at the event.

“True story, when I was putting up yard signs as a young guy in college I had no idea how to pronounce his name,” Ryan said.

“I’ve served with him for fourteen years and we kind of figured it out. John Boehner is a good man. He is a small businessman who came to Congress to fight for jobs and that’s exactly what he’s doing.”

Ryan defended Boehner – and himself – in 2013 against conservative groups that criticized his budget agreement with Democratic

Sen. Patty Murray (D-WA)
    . “I think John just kind of got his Irish up. He was frustrated that these groups came out in opposition to our budget agreement before we reached a budget agreement. I was frustrated too.”Ryan, chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee, was personally asked by Boehner and House Majority Leader Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)
    to think about launching a campaign for the top leadership position.Ryan canceled 48 hours’ worth of fundraising events to focus on the situation in Washington following McCarthy’s surprising withdrawal from the race Thursday.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...ehner-college/

Amnesty advocate cheers GOP efforts to recruit Ryan

Gutierrez: 'He would be good for the country'

Published: 3 hours ago
    Douglas Ernst

Establishment Republicans are putting a full-court press on Wisconsin Rep. Paul Ryan to run for House speaker. Unfortunately for Ryan’s backers, so is amnesty champion Rep. Luis Gutierrez.

“He would be good for the Republican Party. Paul Ryan is the kind of individual that would work with people on the other side of the aisle and that’s what we need,” the Illinois Democrat said of Ryan on Friday, CNN reported.

The Democrat’s comments are likely to give headaches to House Republicans already reeling from the abrupt decision of House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy on Thursday to end his campaign to replace Speaker John Boehner.

Ryan has explicitly expressed a desire to remain focused on his chairmanship of the Ways and Means Committee, and conservative pundits are already building a case against him.

“Gutierrez has worked tirelessly to expand immigration levels and open America’s borders up to the rest of the world. As Gutierrez once declared, ‘I have only one loyalty … and that’s to the immigrant community,’” Breitbart News’ Julia Hahn said Friday.

Can the Republican Party save itself? Richard Viguerie has the prescription in “Takeover.”

“There is a cult of Rep. Paul Ryan that is as strong as any cult of personality in American politics,” Red State’s Erick Erickson added on the conservative website. “It’s just the people who eschew populism and conservative politics are the ones in the cult. And these people would never consider themselves part of a cult as they kneel in their prayer closets and thank God for Rep. Paul Ryan.”

Erickson pointed to Ryan’s collaborations with Sen. Patty Murray, D-Wash., to raise taxes, fiscal deals he helped craft between Boehner and President Obama, and his support of No Child Left Behind as a partial list of examples why the Wisconsin congressman is not right for the House Speaker role.

“In a world of modern media, Ryan would make an attractive speaker with a young, fresh face and a comfortable demeanor in front of the camera. But he would make it very difficult for House conservatives because to oppose Ryan is, in the minds of much of the press, to oppose conservatism itself,” Erickson added.

Ryan told reporters in Washington on Friday he had “nothing to add” when asked if he had changed his mind about running for House speaker.

“Chairman Ryan appreciates the support he’s getting from his colleagues but is still not running for speaker,” Ryan spokesman Brendan Buck said in a statement released Friday, Fox News reported.

The pressure is so great for Ryan to run that Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz – who is officially vying for the spot – said he would back the 45-year-old Wisconsin congressman, Fox reported.

Florida Rep. Daniel Webster is the only other congressman in the race, although former Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa, R-Calif., has expressed interest in running.

“The fact is, yes, I think that I could potentially be a candidate. At the same time, I agree with the vast majority of members, I think. We need a Paul Ryan or we need somebody who is A.) experienced, B.) has been a committee chairman or something other than just up through the leadership ranks,” Issa said during an appearance on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” on Friday, Townhall.com reported.

Boehner originally wanted to end his tenure as House Speaker Oct. 29. That vote has been postponed.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/10/amnesty-a...-recruit-ryan/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

So bad to worse. It's like "regime change". It's better to have a bad one that you know than one you don't.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow! Luis Gutierrez endorsing Paul Ryan really tells us all we need to know dont it?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    I would like to think an endorsement from Guitierrez would hurt Ryan more than it would help him. However, that being said, I long ago gave up trying to figure out what those idiots in the U. S. Congress are thinking!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I would like to think an endorsement from Guitierrez would hurt Ryan more than it would help him. However, that being said, I long ago gave up trying to figure out what those idiots in the U. S. Congress are thinking!
    Based on what we've seen so far, we can bet that whatever it is they're thinking, more often than not, it's the complete opposite of what we want and need.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy