“El Bronco” threatens to deport Honduran immigrants if they pass through Nuevo León

By Yucatan Times on October 29, 2018
El Bronco says his nickname, and his blunt style just "show people that I'm the same as them, that I'm nobody different, that I'm just another guy who wants things to change, and things to be better" (Photo: Google)

MONTERREY, Nuevo León.- The governor of Nuevo Leon, Jaime Rodríguez Calderón ‘El Bronco’, threatened to deport the members of the Migrant Caravan from Honduras in case of reaching the state he leads.

“Nuevo León does not have the political possibility to give them shelter, perhaps to attend to them, but to sustain them is complicated, they can stay here, as long as it is legally, otherwise we would have to apply the law and deport them back to the southern border,” said Rodríguez in an interview for local media ABC News.

Last week, more than 7 thousand people from Honduras entered Mexico, with the purpose to cross the whole country and reach the United States, in search of the “American dream” and away from the violence, poverty and insecurity that prevails in their homeland.

Rodríguez Calderón agreed with US President Donald Trump that the “arrival of Honduran migrants means that insecurity comes with them.”

“Not having papers that demonstrate the legal stay of these people could lead to a problem of insecurity, because we don not really know who they are,” the governor told the local media.

‘El Bronco’ considered that when people have excessive liberty they have no control over their actions and stressed that allowing migrants to enter the country means taking labor opportunities away from Mexicans.

https://www.theyucatantimes.com/2018...gh-nuevo-leon/