Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

‘Border wall’ to have lots of doors and even windows

‘Border wall’ to have lots of doors and even windows

READcommentsForum: Is the government doing too much, or not enough, to respond to environmental concerns posed by the border fence?

PDF: Fence plan http://tinyurl.com/6n8t26

Lynn Brezosky - Express-News BROWNSVILLE — The border barrier that soon will be built in the Rio Grande Valley hardly fits the Berlin Wall image conjured by its opponents.

Rather, it’s a patchwork of permeable structures riddled with apertures for animals and people, with lots of gates and lots of keys.

The Homeland Security Department’s Environmental Stewardship Plan for the Valley shows the agency has settled on locations for 21segments totaling about 70 miles, scattered from Brownsville to Roma.

Seven segments will be 18-foot-tall cuts into existing river levees, reinforced with concrete. Three segments will be movable in case of hurricane-induced flooding.

And one segment will be without a foundation, or “floating,â€

MW
    Many segments will have wildlife openings, 438in all, and an undisclosed number of controlled access gates for property owners, farmers, land managers, water and irrigation personnel, emergency services and even recreationists.

Much of the fence will be see-through and water permeable, with nary an inch of barbed wire.
    What a horrible waste of taxpayer money! I strongly support a border fence but not this sorry excuse for a fence that wouldn't stop a wild prairie chicken. Duncan Hunter's double-layered fence is my vision of what the border fence should be.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I agree with fair what are they worried about, I don't see them out there cleaning up the milliions of tons of trash all over the desert!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)