Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

csa

“DREAM ACTâ€

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    Jun 14, 2007

http://www.nclr.org/content/news/detail/46808/

“DREAM ACTâ€
    <blockquote><blockquote><blockquote><blockquote><d iv>"The issue today is the same as it has been throughout all history, whether man shall be allowed to govern himself or be ruled by a small elite."</d

I had a dream

I had a dream the other night. I dreamed that my own government was about to give my country away to illegal aliens. They had this bill that they were pushing called the "Immigration Reform Act".

Oh, wait a minute, that was real. Never mind.
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

On another note

Seriously though,

My wife works for a university here in Atlanta. She is an assisstant Registrar. She works with a lot of students that are here on study visas. This "Dream Act" is a nightmare for these kids. There are only so many seats at our universities and foreign students compete for these seats separately from citizens. Once we fill up these seats with the kids of illegal aliens, then where do the legal students go to school?
    Lunarminer
    Thar's gold in that there moon!

How heartwarming! I'm ashamed to see the American Association of Community Colleges listed among those endorsing the event. Community money and man hours should be spent in the interest of the taxpayers who fund these universities.

Local business reaps the rewards of the efforts of those who attend, as well as those in the community who subsidize their education. Looks like local business should subsidize the tuition through workplace incentives rather than tossing the ball to the taxpayer.

Giving in-state tuition breaks to illegals is somehow going to serve the interests of the taxpayers in these communities? Seems to me it puts still more burden on the community, which sends it's children there instead of four year schools because of outrageous tuition costs at those campuses.

Remember that every college seat given away to illegal aliens, is a seat that an AMERICAN or LEGAL immigrant child cannot have.
    TIME'S UP!
    Why should <u>only</u> AMERICAN CITIZENS and LEGAL immigrants, have to obey the law?!