Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

1.6 million illegal immigrants a year fighting for American

Posted by: Teresa Trujillo | 02/08/2009 6:33 PM

1 Comment using Intense Debate
    Here is a great video to share on the effects of illegal immigration 1.6 million illegal immigrants

Senator Boxer's office must believe in ethinic profiling based on an e-mail she sent me thanking me for my support of the expanded SCHIP legislation. My Latino last name must have confused her staff, because I can guarantee her that I have never supported expanding benefits to illegal immigrant mothers and their children. Here is her communication to me:

Dear Mrs. Trujillo:

Because you have written to me in support of the reauthorization of the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP), I wanted to share some good news with you about this important and successful program.
    I am pleased to tell you that legislation reauthorizing SCHIP has passed Congress and was signed into law by President Obama on February 4, 2009.
    The reauthorization of SCHIP preserves health coverage for 6.7 million children whose parents do not qualify for Medicaid but who cannot afford private health insurance. It also provides new coverage for 4.1 million more children over the next four and a half years.

In addition, this program will fund outreach and enrollment efforts, allow states to use information from food stamp programs and other initiatives for low-income families to find and enroll eligible children, give states the option of covering pregnant women for prenatal care, and maintain states' flexibility in determining program eligibility.

The law also contains a provision, which I strongly support, giving states the option to cover legal immigrant children and pregnant women under Medicaid and SCHIP with no waiting period. Previously, lawfully present pregnant women and children who entered the country after August 22, 1996 were barred from Medicaid and SCHIP for the first five years they were in the country. These restrictions severely under minded the health status of immigrant families across the nation.

I believe we have a moral responsibility to take care of our children. We know that healthy children can get a head start in life, and this program now gives them that opportunity.

Again, thank you for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me again about this or other issues of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
    United States Senator

Please visit my website at http://boxer.senate.gov

So, here is my response to one of the least effective senators currently seated:

Dear Senator Boxer,

I think you misread my previous communication with your office.

I am not in favor of extending coverage to illegal immigrant mothers and children.

We must stop the practice of providing services that become magnets for illegal immigrants. We should discourage the anchor baby syndrome that keeps illegal immigrants here and receiving public assistance.

Illegal immigrants are flooding traditionally Latino neighborhoods. The require tremendous resources in our classrooms--my son's elementary school was 70% English learners.

They bring crime and violence to the neighborhoods. MS13 gangs have been established near my mother-in-laws neighborhood where she has lived for over 30 years--a traditionally Latino neighborhood in Whittier. These criminals come to the U.S. and move to formerly safe neighborhoods and blend in. Then they prey on children, friends, and neighbors. They recruit our kids with tales of grandeur that turn into criminal adventures. Old neighbors don't feel safe standing in front of their homes. My mother-in-law was the victim of a violent assault at the store a few blocks from where she lives.

My business has to compete with companies that employ illegal immigrants while we pay union wages and benefits to our employees.

You must have a much different view of the world from your gated community and Washington D.C. My family's neighborhood is under siege in Los Angeles County. I have to tell my 17-year-old son that he has to be careful about what clothes he wears and pray that he isn't stopped and asked "Where are you from?"

You have the power to put an end to illegal immigration--yet you write me an e-mail to tell me how you've extended SCHIP. When do you care about my concerns? When do you care about protecting my rights instead of how to give rights to those here illegally.

Senator Boxer, I am a U.S. citizen and a registered voter. You are supposed to care about my family more than you embrace the illegal immigrants.

I want the border secured. I want employer sanctions. And I want incentives for staying in this country illegally to be discontinued. There should be no discussion of immigration amnesty, comprehensive immigration reform, or legalization of those who have entered the U.S. illegally or overstayed their visas.

We don't need new immigration laws. You and your associates need the political will to protect our sovereign border, enforce existing laws, and find ways to encourage those here illegally to self deport.

Your "good intentions" have had unintended bad consequences for my family and friends--it's the law of unintended consequences at work in our lives.

Please feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss this further.

Sincerely,

Teresa Trujillo

http://www.redcounty.com/national/2009/ ... mmigrants/

Way to go...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Good one patrioticme..

I also sent her a message and letting them all know , that if they can not or will not perform their duties then the American people would be glad to accept any and all resignations
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Excellent response Teresa!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I got that email too Patriotme........I wrote them back immediately. There was no way I supported SCHIP. Good for you! Excellent email.

I received that same letter as an email from Boxer, and I don't have an Hispanic last name. I emailed back that I did not support SCHIP because they included illegal aliens in it and that someone in her office staff must be stacking the deck in regards to people who supposedly support SCHIP. That got no response.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn