Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

100-plus minors take oath of citizenship

100-plus minors take oath of citizenship

SAN DIEGO UNION-TRIBUNE 5:54 p.m. January 20, 2009

POINT LOMA – More than 100 newly naturalized children and their parents had a reason to celebrate beyond the inauguration Tuesday.

The kids, ranging in age from 11 months to 17 years old, took their oath of allegiance in a rare citizenship ceremony just for minors, held in an auditorium next to the New Americans Museum in Point Loma. The museum coordinated with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services to organize the event.

Children typically receive derivative U.S. citizenship from one or both parents after their parents become citizens, or after they are adopted. Yesterday, however, the children stood up and, holding miniature American flags, took their oath just like adults do. They were later handed their citizenship certificates.

“It has been a long time coming, but worth it,â€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wish I could have been there to see the 11 month old kid recite the oath of allegiance.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    JohnDoe wrote:

Wish I could have been there to see the 11 month old kid recite the oath of allegiance.
    And just as importantly, know what it means.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I thought you had to have and speak a good bit of english to take this oath.I dont know many 11 month old children with that large of a vocabullary.Methinks this was a show for the pro immigration and one world crowd.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelrouser
    8O I thought you had to have and speak a good bit of english to take this oath.I dont know many 11 month old children with that large of a vocabullary.Methinks this was a show for the pro immigration and one world crowd.
    It was just for show. People under 18 get their citizenship when their parents get their and they don't have to say anything.

"Children typically receive derivative U.S. citizenship from one or both parents after their parents become citizens, or after they are adopted.
    Yesterday, however, the children stood up and, holding miniature American flags, took their oath just like adults."
    NO AMNESTY

The civil equivalent of infant baptism!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AE

Ooohhh!! I feel a song coming on....

"We are the world, we are the future....." (as we all sway in harmony with our lighters lit)

Wasn't that the song from the 80's?

Come everyone, group hug, lets all have a "feel good" moment......

Although the kids in this group were likely entitled to this, as their parents came here legally, or were adopted by American parents, something like this could always be a pre-cursor to something for the OBL crowds.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

How can anyone under the age of 18 take any oath???

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    I thought you had to have and speak a good bit of english to take this oath.I dont know many 11 month old children with that large of a vocabullary.Methinks this was a show for the pro immigration and one world crowd.
    It was just for show. People under 18 get their citizenship when their parents get their and they don't have to say anything.

"Children typically receive derivative U.S. citizenship from one or both parents after their parents become citizens, or after they are adopted.
    Yesterday, however, the children stood up and, holding miniature American flags, took their oath just like adults."
    Actually foreign born children do not receive US citizenship status thru their parents. When my parents took their oath, they too were under the impression I would automatically receive mine. They were wrong. I had to wait til the following year to get mine. I was 12 years old.

There is no separate ceremony for children only, so this was a unique show. Adults and children take their oaths at the same ceremony.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

When the mother and/or father applies for citizenship, all children under 18 years of age automatically get citizenship too. However, the parents do have to also apply for each child separately, as well as pay separate fees. The children do not have to take the test the adults take, its more or less just a paid formality.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast