Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

14th Amendment: Is birthright citizenship Constitutional?

14th Amendment: Is birthright citizenship really in the Constitution?

CSMonitor
    By Peter Grier

[size=75]The House Judiciary Committee Ranking Republican Rep. Lamar Smith, R-Tex., speaks during a news conference on Capitol Hill, in Washington on Aug. 10. “We do not need to amend the Constitution to end birthright citizenship,â€
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Sen. Mitch McConnell defends hearings on birthright citizens

Sen. Mitch McConnell defends hearings on birthright citizenship

CSMonitor

Washington

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell (R) of Kentucky defended Thursday the idea of holding hearings on what he said “seems to be a burgeoning and unseemly businessâ€
    Join our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & to secure US borders by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Lets end it for those that violate our laws and have no patriotism to this nation and only come to take what they can get away with,WHICH IS A LOT!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Re: 14th Amendment: Is birthright citizenship Constitutional

[quote]
    “The courts apparently have never ruled on the specific [issue] of whether the native-born child of illegal aliens as opposed to the child of lawfully present aliens may be a US citizen,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I remember back in 8th grade during our US Constitution and government class, we talked about the anchor baby scam, and most of us 13-14 year olds thought it was ridiculous back then also.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Sen. Mitch McConnell defends hearings on birthright citi

Michael Gerson, the former chief speechwriter for President George W. Bush. Mr. Gerson wrote, “revoking birthright citizenship would turn hundreds of thousands of infants into 'criminals' – arriving, not across a border, but crying in a hospital.
    What a steaming load of BS this is, they would not be "criminals", because they had not broken any laws. They would be "stateless" children, of which there are already many thousands in the USA, heck there are thousands of stateless adults also. I don't hear the treason lobby demanding the current stateless children be given citizenship.

Now if and when their parents get them a foreign passport, then they would become illegal aliens, of which there also are already millions in the USA. I have not heard anybody say the current illegal alien children are criminals, only their parents.