Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

15 tantrum-participants canned

http://www.thestate.com/mld/thestate/ne ... 315745.htm

15 immigrants fired after attending rally
    Associated Press

DETROIT - Fifteen immigrant women were fired from their jobs as meat cutters after attending a protest for immigrant rights last month.

The women had been told they would be terminated if they missed work on the day of the March 27 rally in Detroit, said Jay Bonahoom, general manager of Wolverine Packing Co.

But the workers said Monday that the women received no such warning. They would not have skipped the morning shift if they knew they would have been fired for attending the rally, said Elena Herrada, an activist trying to get the women's jobs back.

The workers had been told, "written and verbally," on the Friday before the protest that their attendance was mandatory on the day of the rally, Bonahoom told the Detroit Free Press.

The fired workers were natives of Mexico. Many had worked at Wolverine Packing for several years, and some were undocumented immigrants, Herrada said.

They were fired "for standing up for their rights," she said.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They were fired "for standing up for their rights," she said
    THEIR RIGHTS? In this country? Nope, their rights are in MEXICO where they are citizens, not here in America!
    "My ancestors gave their life for America, the least I can do is fight to preserve the rights they died for"

Good...I hope thousands get fired.

If they don't like it here...they can go back where they came from.

RR
    The men who try to do something and fail are infinitely better than those who try to do nothing and succeed. " - Lloyd Jones

BS

THey were fired because they were told VERBALLY AND IN WRITING that they would be fired if they did not show up for work. Well I hope these meat packing plants are now seeing what they are really getting with their illegal cheap labor! Serves them right!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Good! I just hope more and more ppl open their eyes to these Ilegals!!

15 fired

Most likely since they were told verbally and in writing they couldn't understand ENGLISH so how could they understand they were being fired, you know? Don't know if that was the case, wouldn't be surprised tho! I am soooooo over people who come to the U.S. and make NO ATTEMPT to learn the language. You better believe if I chose to move to a foreign country the FIRST thing on my list would be to learn the language!!! GAWD!!!

They should have been fired, their employer has the right to deny time off if they need the coverage or it affects production, it is not our fault they cannot read or understand english. They just think they are special and can do whatever they want in this country, the laws of which our government does not enforce.
    Freedom isn't free... Don't forget the men who died and gave that right to all of us....
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

...and then there are those who pretend they don't speak/read English at an opportune moment for them...

The fired workers were natives of Mexico. Many had worked at Wolverine Packing for several years, and some were undocumented immigrants, Herrada said.
    I say good job to the employer. But as for Ms. Herrada--if they're illegal they CAN'T have their jobs back and NEVER should have been employed there in the first place. She'd do well to help them arrange for a bus ticket to the border instead.
    <div>"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere else."
    - Clarence Darrow</div>

I guess they didn't realize how replaceable they are. And if they do become citizens, they will be replaced by the next wave of illegals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast