17 more of Australia’s rejected asylum seekers on the way to your US town

Posted by Ann Corcoran on September 26, 2018

Sorry Trumpsters but I gotta call it the way I see it—Trump was foolish to agree to Obama’s “dumb” deal (to move up to 1,250 illegal aliens that Australia had sent to detention camps and refused to admit to their mainland) to America as legitimate refugees.

Refugees receive all sorts of welfare goodies and their hands are held through the process of signing them up for those benefits by a resettlement contractor. Then they are free to roam anywhere in America.
Seventeen more single young men (likely all Muslims)—Pakistanis and Rohingya—just left for Yourtown, USA.

Meet your new neighbors!

Manus Island detainees! 17 more are coming to a town near you! But, the State Department will not reveal where they are located, and eventually they will lose track of them!

Why were they in detention on offshore islands in the first place?

About five years ago, the Australian government had a brilliant idea of how to deter illegal boat migration to their country. They made it a policy that anyone trying to break in illegally by boat would be sent to detention and never allowed access to the mainland.
The deterrent worked (too bad the Europeans were too foolish to follow the Aussie lead!) and they have severely limited the number of illegal border jumpers.

However great for them, it stinks for us since the Trump Administration is now bringing those illegals to America and we (citizens!) are not being told where they are being placed.

Here is news on the latest shipment, bringing the number we have ‘welcomed’ to 361!

Yesterday, from 9 News Australia:

Seventeen refugees flown from Manus to US

Seventeen single men being held on Manus Island have flown to the United States under a refugee resettlement deal with Australia.

The 11 Pakistanis and six Rohingyans*** flew out of Port Moresby on Tuesday after almost five years in immigration detention.

Since the US won’t take Somalis, Iraqis and Syrians from the island detention camps, Refugee Action Coalition’s Ian Rintoul, calls the transport to the US a failure.

Their departure takes to 147 the number of refugees who have departed Papua New Guinea to start new lives in America.

Another 214 refugees have been taken from Nauru.

The US has promised to accept up to 1250 people under the refugee deal, but advocates are concerned there are still about 600 detainees being held on Manus Island and another 800 on Nauru.

Advocates are also concerned US officials will not accept Iranians, Somali, Sudanese, Iraqi or Syrian refugees for resettlement because of President Donald Trump’s so-called “Muslim ban” on immigration.

When we bring Muslim Pakistanis, Afghans, and Rohingya, it is not a “Muslim ban.”

Just great isn’t it! More single men who have been held in all male detention for 5 years are now free in America!

Go here for a lengthy archive on the dumb Obama deal.

***I have a whole category here at RRW called Rohingya Reports. I have over 200 posts there and have followed the Burma/Bangladesh Rohingya situation for ten years. Early on when we brought Rohingya to America, the US State Department said we were bringing only women and children. I wondered when the men would follow—now it seems hubbies are on the way!

https://refugeeresettlementwatch.wor...-your-us-town/