Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

18-Month Extension of Protected Status for El Salvador

18-Month Extension of Temporary Protected Status for El Salvador

WASHINGTON – U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced today that it will extend Temporary Protected Status (TPS) for nationals of El Salvador through Sep. 9, 2010. The extension will make those who have already been granted TPS eligible to reregister and maintain their status for an additional 18 months. There are approximately 229,000 nationals of El Salvador (and people having no nationality who last habitually resided in El Salvador) who are eligible for reregistration. TPS does not apply to Salvadoran nationals who entered the United States after Feb. 13, 2001.

The extension of TPS for El Salvador is effective Mar. 10, 2009 and will remain in effect through Sep. 9, 2010. Nationals of El Salvador (and [people having no nationality who last habitually resided in El Salvador) who have been granted TPS must reregister for the 18-month extension during the reregistration period beginning the day it is published in the Federal Register and remaining in effect 90 days thereafter. Salvadoran TPS beneficiaries are strongly encouraged to apply as soon as possible following the start of the 90-day reregistration period. Applications from Salvadoran TPS beneficiaries will not be accepted prior to the opening of the reregistration period.

TPS beneficiaries must submit the Application for Temporary Protected Status Form I-821 without the application fee and the Application for Employment Authorization Form I-765 in order to reregister for TPS. All applicants seeking an extension of employment authorization through Sep. 9, 2010 must submit the required application filing fee with Form I-765. If the applicant is only seeking to reregister for TPS and not seeking an extension of employment authorization, he or she must submit Form I-765 for data-gathering purposes only, and is not required to submit the I-765 filing fee. The biometric service fee must be submitted by all reregistrants 14 years of age and older. Applicants may request a fee waiver for any of the application or biometric service fees in accordance with the regulations. Failure to submit the required filing fees or a properly documented fee waiver request will result in the rejection of the reregistration application.

Further details on this extension of TPS for El Salvador, including the application requirements and procedures, will appear in a Federal Register notice shortly. More information can also be obtained from the USCIS National Customer Service Center toll-free number: 1-800-375-5283. TPS forms are available from the toll-free USCIS Forms line, 1-800-870-3676, or from the USCIS Web site

USCIS GOV.

MOD EDIT PAGE SCROLLING

See Frequently Asked Questions in General Discussion on methods to shorten urls.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

FYI - I'm in Houston and some central americans (illegals) are proposing the idea to get TPS for hurricane IKE illegal aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by feduphispanic
    FYI - I'm in Houston and some central americans (illegals) are proposing the idea to get TPS for hurricane IKE illegal aliens.
    I believe it. Any loophole they will try to take opportunity to use it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Gogo
    10 years after hurricane Mitch and they are still getting TPS.

This is BS. It's Temporary Protected Status. Not PERMANENT Protected Status. Bush just doesn't have the heart to send them home I guess. We should send them all to his ranch, so that they can retire with him.

Ostrich

Quote Originally Posted by TheOstrich
    This is BS. It's Temporary Protected Status. Not PERMANENT Protected Status. Bush just doesn't have the heart to send them home I guess. We should send them all to his ranch, so that they can retire with him.

Ostrich
    What bothers me is some MS-13 members are part of this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yeah, it's all over the spanish radio some organizations are planning to propose it to some of our politicians.

Yeah, it's all over the spanish radio some organizations are planning to propose it to some of our politicians.
    Good grief. Like they need anything else right now.

Why are they here???
    I must be out of touch...
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I guess our elected officials think the United States is the only country on the face of this planet who is capable of helping anyone! The US is on the verge of another depression, and yet our elected officials cannot let the third world in fast enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast