Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 from GA. Indicted for Harboring and Hiring Illegals

I.C.E. News Release

November 12, 2008

Two Georgia residents indicted on harboring and employing illegal aliens charges

SAVANNAH, Ga. - Two Georgia residents were indicted here earlier this week for harboring and employing illegal aliens after a U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and Effingham County Sheriff's Office investigation.

Guo Hua Jiang and Jian Chun Liu, of where of Rincon, Georgia, were charged in a three count indictment with conspiracy to harbor and employ illegal aliens for harboring illegal aliens at their residences and employing them at their business, the Hong Kong Buffet. The indictment also alleged a forfeiture count in which the government seeks the forfeiture of defendants' two residences and two vehicles.

"Businesses with questionable hiring practices are on notice that ICE aggressively targets employers who knowingly employ an illegal alien workforce," said Kenneth Smith, special agent in charge of the ICE Office of Investigations in Atlanta. "We will pursue criminal charges against employers who consistently harbor illegal aliens."

ICE continues to sharply increase the number of individuals criminally and administratively arrested in worksite enforcement investigations with a particular priority placed on egregious business owners and managers.

In 2008, ICE made 1,100 criminal arrests tied to worksite investigations - up from 863 in FY 2007. Of those charged criminally in these types of cases, 135 were business owners, managers, supervisors or human resource employees; in FY 2007, 92 were charged. In addition to the criminal arrests, ICE also took more than 5,100 illegal aliens into custody on administrative immigration violations during worksite investigations - more than one thousand more violators than in FY 2007. In FY 2008, for the first time, ICE also debarred seven companies from federal contracting because each had been found to be unlawfully employing persons without employment authorization.

Both defendants face a maximum statutory penalty of 25 years in prison and a fine of $750,000 if convicted.

The government is represented by Assistant United States Attorney Jessica L. McClellan.

As with any criminal case, a charge is merely an accusation; a defendant is presumed innocent until and unless proven guilty.

-- ICE --

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) was established in March 2003 as the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security. ICE is comprised of five integrated divisions that form a 21st century law enforcement agency with broad responsibilities for a number of key homeland security priorities.

Last Modified: Thursday, November 13, 2008
    U.S. Department of Homeland Security

http://www.ice.gov/pi/nr/0811/081112savannah.htm
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Now this is responsible use of taxpayer money!

If 25 years was the case every time this problem would totally stop!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

This exact scenario has been occurring in Cleveland,TN. Illegal aliens are harbored and transported to a local Chinese restaurant. ICE has raided the residence at least once, maybe twice, and it has been also linked to a scheme of transferring illegal aliens from Atlanta,GA to the northeast. Fugitives have been found inside the home, and yet the van keeps running and no one has been charged at the restaurant or the residence to our knowledge.

The Chattanooga/Cleveland,TN ICE agent, Brenda Dixon, just keeps saying that she likes to eat there when people bring the situation to her attention.

http://wethepeopleofamerica.org/?p=233

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/clevel ... nment.html

2 Chronicles 7:14
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

2 indicteed Rincon Ga illigal immigration scam

My husband and I are white, hardworking, taxpaying, law abiding, small business owners. We are what you would call "extremely conservative" people. Our son is even a member of the SCV, which most people think are racists!!! I however have a big problem with law enforcement people going after these two Chinese Business owners!!! My reasoning, my husband and I know the 2 people in question. We have frequented the restaurant since it has been opened, as well as most of the people in Effingham County, Ga. I do not like illegal immigrants coming over to our country with no documentation, no shots and taking our jobs!!! As a matter of fact I can't stand it. However , look around at all of the American citizen's that are putting these individuals to work and profiting from their cheap labor. Construction companies are the worst!!!! However, it seems that because White Americans are hiring these people the federal government looks the other way and has been for years!!! I was born in the 70's and from what I can remember we never had as many "hispanic" people around as I have seen in the past several years. Why is this? This is because it used to be cracked down on!!! Now, certain Americans are prospering from these illegal workers and the government is looking the other way, unless you happen to be restaurant owning, chinese, that are new to town. These people don't know anyone in local government to hob nob with and mostly keep to themselves. They don't go to church on Sundays and meet with the politicians or big wigs of the community. Great target for huge fines and jail time, not to mention the local law enforcement getting a pat on the back for making the BIG FEDERAL STING!!!! I have known plenty of people that love to use cheap labor immigrants instead of doing the right thing and it is right out there in everyones face to see in the community, but these people aren't sitting in Federal jail, possibly for 25 years and faced with fines up to $750,000 dollars!!! Why not? As I said before, we know the 2 people that were charged with this crime. We noticed a large turn around in workers every few months. My husband asked "Chan" (the name we know him by) how he found his workers. He told my husband as honestly as can be, from an agency in China Town, we call them and say we need employees and they send them to us. He wasn't trying to hide anything!!! Heck, he probably didn't even know they were illegals!!! Yes, the people at this temp agency knew about these people and they should be cracked down on!!! Deported , fined and imprisoned, because they are probably mob related or God knows what else, but these people that unknowlingly used their services to hire temporary employees shouldn't have the book thrown at them because they are not popular or new in the community. The government needs to go after everyone that does wrong in the same way, not just the ones that are easy targets!!! Chan and his wife were not trying to do anything illegal, they are very kind, decent and honest people and have raised very smart children that will become an asset to our American society if given the chance!!!! FAIR IS FAIR!!!!

bensmom wrote:

The government needs to go after everyone that does wrong in the same way, not just the ones that are easy targets!!!
    I couldn't agree more....and since you stated, " I have known plenty of people that love to use cheap labor immigrants instead of doing the right thing", would you mind calling ICE and reporting a few of them so we can get the ball rolling? You might even get some help from local officials or deputies.

I hate to mention it, but you sure have exhibited a high tolerance level towards something you "can't stand".