Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 men confess to rape of 11-year-old girl

Susan Jacobson | Sentinel Staff Writer
    February 12, 2009

Police say Richard Morales-Marin (left) and Juan Hernandez-Munzalvo confessed to raping an 11-year-old girl. (ORANGE COUNTY JAIL / February 12, 2009)

Two men have confessed to raping an 11-year-old girl who was abducted on her way to school a week ago, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Construction workers Richard Morales-Marin, 23, and Juan Hernandez-Munzalvo, 24, were arrested late Wednesday on charges of armed sexual battery on a child, kidnapping of a child and lewd molestation and were being booked into the Orange County Jail early today.

Every member of the sex-crimes unit had worked on the case since shortly after the child reported the attack Feb. 5. She was pulled into a car at knifepoint about 6:40. a.m. at South Orange Blossom Trail and Lancaster Road, taken to a vacant pink house several blocks away and raped by the men, she told investigators.

Neither suspect has a serious criminal record, sex-crimes Sgt. Richard Mankewich said, although both apparently have immigration problems. They are from Mexico.

Related links
    Manhunt heats up in rape of 11-year-old girl
    Deputies investigating rape of 11-year-old girl
    Orange County Jail booking mugs -- updated daily
    MAP: Find crimes in your Orlando and Orange County
    MAP: 2009 murders in Orlando, Orange County

On Orlando-area homicides...
    Deputy sheriffs investigating dead body found in burnt car

Today's discussion: Black homicide victims

Nine murder-free days and counting

Do murder shrines create more murder victims?

Newsweek: He's the only man with a plan to help cities fight dope dealers

More...

More Orlando Sentinel blogs Investigators received between 300 and 400 tips on the case, but one last Friday led to a house on Citadel Drive, near Oak Ridge Road and John Young Parkway, where the men lived with their wives and other families, Mankewich said. One of the suspects has a young child, he said.

Deputies took DNA samples from men at the house and returned Monday when a woman suggested they come back and take a sample from another man, who turned out to be Morales-Marin.

His DNA was found on the victim, Mankewich said.

Investigators saw packed bags in the back of a black car and called immigration officials, who detained him.

Morales-Marin led investigators to Hernandez-Munzalvo, who was found at the Citadel Drive house, Mankewich said. Both men confessed, saying they were "stupid" and had been drinking, he said.

"We're completely relieved to have these guys off the street," Mankewich said.

Detectives were searching for a purple car the victim described, but it turned out to be a black vehicle that the Sheriff's Office will examine for evidence.

After the attack, the men took the girl back to the spot where she was abducted after getting off a Lynx bus. She sought help at a nearby house, where the residents called 911. Investigators found some of the girl's belongings at the rundown house on Rose Boulevard, where both men used to live.

They rushed evidence through a Florida Department of Law Enforcement lab, making the case a priority.

Susan Jacobson can be reached at sjacobson@orlandosentinel.com or 407-540-5981

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/loc ... 1069.story

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)

Police say Richard Morales-Marin (left) and Juan Hernandez-Munzalvo confessed to raping an 11-year-old girl. (ORANGE COUNTY JAIL / February 12, 2009)
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks! I don't know how to get the pictures to copy so I can post them.

Another little girl's innocence forever ruined.

If you have a mouse right click on the photo ... then copy and paste onto the page

high light that address and hit the Img button and hit the preview button to see if it took to the page

yes... these 2 or sick individuals and another little girls life is ruined
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I have been telling you folks... Orlando Florida is not what it used to be ... the crime rate is going through the roof and it is flooded with Illegal Aliens

Quote Originally Posted by AirborneSapper7
    I have been telling you folks... Orlando Florida is not what it used to be ... the crime rate is going through the roof and it is flooded with Illegal Aliens
    I've never been to Florida, but I've always heard how beautiful it is and thought it would be nice one day to vacation there...Ok, that's over. I'll never go now. Never.

Yes its official!

The sunshine state isn't what it use to be. My mom wanted to take grandkids to Dismay World, but turned motor home around once they reached Orlando. She said "there is NO way I will stay in this town", so they came back home. Its soooo sad, I have such happy childhood memories of trips to Florida in the seventies. They can not be duplicated for my children.

Tourist's have money, money drawls to worst out in people that want a better life no matter how they get it

Re: Yes its official!

Quote Originally Posted by occumsrazor
    The sunshine state isn't what it use to be. My mom wanted to take grandkids to Dismay World, but turned motor home around once they reached Orlando. She said "there is NO way I will stay in this town", so they came back home. Its soooo sad, I have such happy childhood memories of trips to Florida in the seventies. They can not be duplicated for my children.
    Isn't is a shame that it's not us ruining our nation but people who don't even belong here???

What is disgusting is that illegal alien construction workers like these are getting the bulk of OUR MONEY from the so called stimulus package. God forbid we support Americans before child molesters!
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast