Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

2 universities push for more out of state students

I posted this here because of the Dreamies:

PHOENIX - Two state universities want more out of state students to enroll because they pay more to attend class

Here's the link to read the rest. Boggles to mind don't it???

http://ktar.com/category/local-news-art ... -students/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Banned
    Should pass an education law that if a college / university recieves a dime from the public coffers city/state/fed they should be required to set a specific requirement to be admitted and be forced to admit those who meet the requirements in state before being allowed to accept out of state.

Why should a legal citizen and resident of a state have to go out of state because their university was full of out of state students.

Quote Originally Posted by Syanis
    Should pass an education law that if a college / university recieves a dime from the public coffers city/state/fed they should be required to set a specific requirement to be admitted and be forced to admit those who meet the requirements in state before being allowed to accept out of state.

Why should a legal citizen and resident of a state have to go out of state because their university was full of out of state students.
    It's outrageous and I have no clue why residents of these states allow their public colleges and universities to accept out of state students when there are in-state students who want and eed the seats.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by Judy
    Quote Originally Posted by Syanis

It's outrageous and I have no clue why residents of these states allow their public colleges and universities to accept out of state students when there are in-state students who want and eed the seats.
    GREED!
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I see nothing wrong with this as long as the out of staters are citizens of this country. All too often out of staters are treated like dogs while the aliens are treated like royalty, even though the out of staters are US citizens despite being from out of state. I witness this all too often being a Michigander living here in AZ. Just as soon as the natives hear my accent they treat me like s**t, yet they will turn around and kiss the illegal aliens arses.

Also, some of these out of staters may be native Arizonians who lived out of state for a few years. I am going back to Michigan to attend college and have lived most of my life there. However, my status will be out of state until I can prove that I have abandoned AZ and show them a paper trail proving that I am from Michigan.
    "Mother Sick of Sending Her Child to A School Overflowing With Anchors and Illegals!"
    http://the-drama-of-my-life.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by thedramaofmylife
    Just as soon as the natives hear my accent they treat me like s**t, yet they will turn around and kiss the illegal aliens arses.

Also, some of these out of staters may be native Arizonians who lived out of state for a few years. I am going back to Michigan to attend college and have lived most of my life there. However, my status will be out of state until I can prove that I have abandoned AZ and show them a paper trail proving that I am from Michigan.
    I live in Michigan. What accent are you referring to? When I lived in NC, people would say, "You're not from around here, are you?" to which I would reply, "What gave me away?"

I'm guessing these schools want the increased tuition that's paid by out of state students. If they'd quit giving in-state tuition to illegals, maybe they would have a fund shortage.
    "A Nation of sheep will beget a government of Wolves" -Edward R. Murrow

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The irony of this is that these universities could make up that shortfall if they started charging illegal aliens the international student rate.

Instead, illegal aliens who live in AZ are given in state tuition and US citizens have to pay more.

These are the same universities who supported the Dream Act, which would have further reduced their revenues. Morons.
    "

Quote Originally Posted by miguelina
    .These are the same universities who supported the Dream Act, which would have further reduced their revenues. Morons.
    "WE ALL LEARNED THIS IN 4TH GRADE MATH!"
    All that Federal Dream money!
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn