Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

200 protest undocumented worker plan in Palm Bay

http://www.floridatoday.com/apps/pbcs.d ... 17031/1086

August 17, 2006

200 protest undocumented worker plan

Palm Bay council votes on ordinance tonight

BY KAUSTUV BASU
    FLORIDA TODAY

About 200 people showed up at a rally against a proposed Palm Bay ordinance that would punish businessmen who hire undocumented workers.

The Palm Bay City Council is scheduled to vote on the ordinance tonight.

One of three opposition rallies, this was held at Our Lady of Grace Catholic Church, four blocks from City Hall.

The protesters have moved to City Hall, with more than 150 people in City Hall and 50 more trying to get in.

Shouting matches erupted between immigrants rights groups and those who support the ordinance that would punish businesses for hiring undocumented workers.

One group shouted, "We need to get Andy Anderson out office. When do we want it? Now."

Another group shouted, "Immigrants go home."

Observers said the groups seemed on the verge of violence.

Wendy Stone, a Melbourne resident, said, "I feel it is a waste of taxpayers' money to discuss this. This has nothing to do with finding predators or criminals. This is a political distraction."

She carried a poster that read, "Spend dollars on education, not discrimination."

Hiram Grandoit, who represents the local Haitian community, said, "The ordinance is not good for the well-being of the city. We moved here thinking it was a diverse community. Immigration should be left to the Congress and the federal government."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contact Basu at 321-242-1018 or e-mail kbasu@flatoday.net
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Are they trying to say our country doesn't have enough diversity as it is? Is it really going to be diversity when it is 60%hispanic? I don't think so. The Mexicans want to hog the lions share of immigration is that diversity or invasion? Appears to be invasion to me.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

nitty said:
    Appears to be invasion to me.
    That is exactly what we have - an invasion- and the word seems to becoming more popular every day.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The importance of this going on here in Florida cannot be taken lightly and this is why.

You guys around the country who ARE JUST STARTING to SEE your problem of an INVASION of illegal aliens. With all due respect I know that many people have no idea about how much worse it will get. It would not surprise me if we lose this battle in Palm Bay, Florida because Florida is SO OVERWHELMED with illegal aliens that the voice of the American people has been pretty much ENTIRELY SILENCED.

THIS is what you ALL have to look forward to unless YOU WAKE UP NOW AND DEMAND THAT YOUR RIGHTS AS THE LEGAL CITIZENS OF THIS COUNTRY BE UPHELD AND THE LAWS WHICH EXIST TO PROTECT YOU ARE ENFORCED.

IF YOU DO NOT, YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO OVERCOME THE RESULT, AND PERSONALLY I BELIEVE FOR THIS STATE THAT WILL BE THE CASE.

I will hope for the best, but if you ask me, Jeb Bush, La Raza and all the forces working behind the scenes here in Florida have brought a lot of these people in to undermine the voting and the results on this.

IF YOU DO NOT STAND UP NOW, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AN ENTIRE COUNTRY THAT IS JUST LIKE THE STATE OF FLORIDA, JUST WITHOUT THE PALM TREES.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

IF YOU DO NOT STAND UP NOW, WE ARE GOING TO HAVE AN ENTIRE COUNTRY THAT IS JUST LIKE THE STATE OF FLORIDA, JUST WITHOUT THE PALM TREES.
    Ditto for California, or should I say Mexifornia?
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As you guys know I've spent over a year working with ALIPAC on this and we have come SO FAR. Yet I have to tell you that just in the past four months things have gotten much worse in my state and believe it or not just in the past three or fours WEEKS another huge dip has occurred here and in the past two weeks yet another change, all for the worse.

The most recent change primarily in the past 2-4 weeks has been a noticeable and growing "uprising" in the behavior of illegal aliens here. My observations are that this was ushered in with the arrival of illegal aliens from Brazil over the recent months, but it has spread through the illegal community.

I beg you guys to work hard and to fight to get them in Washington to GET SERIOUS. If you do not it will happen VERY FAST and your fighting back will be in vain.

When I say FAST....I'm not even talking a year....I am talking a matter of months and perhaps even weeks. Please do not let what has happened in Florida happen to the entire country. I'm literally begging you to make the necessary calls and to send the necessary emails. Please give your financial support to the organizations working SO HARD.

American brothers and sisters, I'm talking from hard core, first hand experience, please believe me, that IT IS NOW OR NEVER.

I'm sorry to speak so strongly, but what I have seen happening in South Florida particularly over the past two weeks is far worse than I could have ever even imagined happening in the United States of America.

In fact if Palm Bay loses tonight.....I think it will confirm my thoughts that THIS IS NO LONGER THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, here in South Florida. This is now Mexico, Central and South America.

The enviroment here has a strong feeling of lawlessness and it has happened literally overnight. South Florida has always had a reputation for crime......but what is happening now is a lawlessness that is widespread and rampant throughout all communities regardless of socioeconomic level.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

cms
    Thank you, LegalUSCitizen, for the dire warning. I sometimes need to be reminded how quickly the federal legislation that will determine our country's future will come about.

The one thing we have is the vote. I'm putting aside an entire life time of voting for Democrats to vote this November for those candidates who have the hardest line against the illegals.

The elected representatives and senators will then pass an immigration bill that will be one of the most important in our country's history.

Regardless of the bill that is passed, I believe there will be violence. The government let this problem escalate so long, and now there are so many illegals here. So many that there is strength in numbers and they have become emboldened.

I can't believe this is happening and I hope that everyone can stay safe.
    Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.
    *- George Santayana 1863-1952

Caroline