Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

287g INA Help needed

Wonderful minds of ALIPAC, We had a friend's daughter killed several weeks ago by an illegal in an auto accident. What I am needing from other members is an idea on how to approach the county and city government about the 287g. I know there are other people out there that have done this and can possibly give us some advice on how to proceede. How to get this started, letters to the editor etc. The heat is kinda heavy about this case right now because the girl was well known in the community and everyone is asking lots of questions about the guy who killed her. If this had been put into place already Amber would still be with us. Please share any ideas or thoughts about your experiences on this, and maybe we can spare the next childs life.
    "We are being destroyed from within"

I wish that someone would get a website up just to display all of the precious lives lost to this invasion.

There is a website that was sent to me not long ago. I e mailed it to all my Congressmen and Congresswomen, but don't have the address here with me at home.

Hopefully someone can get it to you quickly. If I remember correctly, each week they spotlight two or three of those whose lives have been taken by illegals. It is a very heartbreaking and moving site.

Hi TexLegal1

Here is a good organization.

State Legislators for Legal Immigration.

30 state legislators have joined!!

Texas is one of them.

http://statelegislatorsforlegalimmigration.com/

Here is your contact Congressman in this organization. They may be able to help you in this matter with the 287g program. Hope this helps.

Leo Berman
    Website: http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/dist6/berman.htm
    Email: leo.berman@house.state.tx.us
    P.O. Box 6028, Tyler, Texas 75711-6028
    Telephone: 903-939-2400
    Fax: 903-939-2402

Representative Dan Flynn
    Dan.Flynn@house.state.tx.us
    http://www.house.state.tx.us/members/dist2/flynn.htm

I hope to see New Jersey up on the list soon.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TexLegal1, this is how we got the 287 (g) on the front burner in our area.

We learned about the 287 (g) last year while reading and doing research on illegal immigration. We printed out the information from the website of I.C.E., printed out the 287 (g) application, and during the election cycle last year, We attended every political gathering when candidates were campaigning. If any candidate was appearing, we were there and handed the information to every candidate running, whether for state senator in the TN legislature, state representative in the TN legislature, State Senators to Washington, State Representative to Washington, mayor, judge, district attorney, city council member, sheriff, whatever the office you received information on what other sheriff's were doing, those who had applied for the 287 (g), why they had applied, and then when questions came, we had the information available. We passed out other information on illegal immigration as well.

We then joined a local news website blog and had a thread directed straight to the Sheriff. You can address one to the Sheriff (To: ?), the Police Chief, the Mayor, and under the thread, every article, every news story applying to the 287 (g) was listed. Other people would write their comments and ask questions. We posted the links to all stories, to the I.C.E. website and Sheriff Joe Arpaio was held up as a Sheriff to model. Crime has been increasing from illegal aliens, a MS 13 burned body murder has occured, arrests of illegal aliens with drugs and large cash occur, drunk driving has increased, and the body of evidence for the 287 is very apparent. Every time we had an opportunity to see the Sheriff he knew he would receive something on illegal immigration.

Two citizens came forward to offer to pay for the 287(g). Presentations were done for the Mayor, the Police Chief and the City Council, the County Mayor and Sheriff and Local Civic and Political Clubs. We constantly called in to local and National talk radio to talk about the 287 and what was going on in our area.

In Nashville, Tn, Sheriff Daron Hall applied and received the 287 (g) recently. Heather Steffek's parents were killed by a drunk illegal alien with up to 16 arrests for various reasons and the outrage resulted in the Sheriff looking toward the 287 (g) to get a handle on a very serious problem in Nashville with illegal aliens and their criminal activities. Heather Steffek and Senator Jim Bryson, who was running for governor of Tennessee in 2006, did a commercial together to have the illegal immigration issue recognized. Heather spoke about the incident that took her parents lives in a commercial for Senator Bryson because Governor Bredesen was not focused on illegal immigration on the state level. He constantly said it was a federal issue and offered nothing more.

When Sheriff Hall received approval for the 287 (g) and after receiving training by I.C.E., his department identified 81 illegal aliens the first week of use of the 287 (g) in Nashville.

The 287 (g) has now been applied for in Bradley County, TN. Cleveland, TN is now a defacto "sanctuary city." The City of Cleveland Mayor is Tom Rowland. The Bradley County Mayor is Gary Davis. Senator Lamar Alexander's Office has been contacted to have him intervene on behalf of Bradley County, TN to receive the 287. He helped Nashville to obtain their MOU.

There are lots of thing to do, but having the information with you will not allow people to tell you what the 287 (g) is or isn't. Pass the information out to friends and anyone else and make calls asking everyone who matters for the 287 (g). Get the conversation going and the pressure growing. Did this illegal alien have prior arrests? Gather information from other cities using the program. Write letters to the editor and say your city needs this program as a public safety tool. Ask a Senator or Representative to help you with the 287 (g).

Anyway, this is alot, but it is how we went from what is the 287 (g) to the application for the program being submitted.

You can do it -

Psalm 91
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Thanks everyone, we know it will be a battle to get it done. But armed with the right knowledge we will succeede.

I almost wish we could help people like this file a lawsuit against the federal government. It is their lack of enforcing our borders that allowed this monster to enter the country; thus leaving us at the mercy of these killers and drug dealers.

This girl's blood is on Bush's hands. Why can't we force our President to enforce our laws?

Quote Originally Posted by saveourcountry
    I wish that someone would get a website up just to display all of the precious lives lost to this invasion.
    I believe Paige was working on something like this. I will PM her.

Thanks for the info everyone! This is enough to get us started in the right direction. Uphill battle but we are a pretty determined bunch..