Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

3 Sentenced to Prison for Lying to Buy Firearms

U.S. Department of Justice
    United States Attorney
    Southern District of Texaswww.justice.gov/usao/txs For Immediate Release

June 22, 2010

José Angel Moreno, United States Attorney
    Public Information Officer
    (713) 567-9388

Three 20-Year-Olds Sentenced to Prison for Lying to Buy Firearms

As Convicted Felons They Are Prohibited From Even Possessing a Firearm

(BROWNSVILLE, Texas) — Three 20-year-old Brownsville residents who lied to buy firearms for another are now convicted felons and will be serving prison terms, United States Attorney José Angel Moreno announced today.

Yesterday, United States District Judge Hilda G. Tagle sentenced Jesus Gutierrez, 20, Roel Gonzalez, 20, and Angel Zuniga, 20, to prison for purchasing firearms by making false statements. Gutierrez, who bought two firearms, and Gonzalez, who purchased only one, were each sentenced to six months in federal prison to be followed by a two-year-term of supervised release. Zuniga, who purchased three firearms, was sentenced to seven months in federal prison to be followed by a like number of years of supervised release.

From Oct. 16, 2008 to Nov. 6, 2008, an individual known to the defendants as “Tavoâ€
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

6 months is way too short to send a message that providing guns to cartels or foreign nationals that CANNOT posses them is a real problem.

4 yrs. would wake them up.
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson

I guess what confuses me is all three according to the article are 20 years old. The gun purchases are stated to have occured in 2008 thus making them 18 years of age at time of purchase.

How does an 18 year old go to a gun store and buy firearms from a licensed dealer if they were under 21? Did they use false ID's?

Am I wrong that Texas requiremets to puchase handguns is 21?
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotAZGUY
    I guess what confuses me is all three according to the article are 20 years old. The gun purchases are stated to have occured in 2008 thus making them 18 years of age at time of purchase.

How does an 18 year old go to a gun store and buy firearms from a licensed dealer if they were under 21? Did they use false ID's?

I read it twice and I don't see where it says that they bought "handguns".
    I think you can buy a "long gun" in Texas at 18.

What age to buy gun in texas? - Yahoo! AnswersJan 27, 2008 ... You can buy a long gun at 18, but can't buy a handgun or ammo that will fit ... Okay, so the legal age to buy a handgun in Texas is 21, but. ...
    answers.yahoo.com › Politics & Government › Law & Ethics
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDoe2
    Quote Originally Posted by PatriotAZGUY

I read it twice and I don't see where it says that they bought "handguns".
    I think you can buy a "long gun" in Texas at 18.

What age to buy gun in texas? - Yahoo! AnswersJan 27, 2008 ... You can buy a long gun at 18, but can't buy a handgun or ammo that will fit ... Okay, so the legal age to buy a handgun in Texas is 21, but. ...
    answers.yahoo.com › Politics & Government › Law & Ethics
    Yep, you are right. It did not mention handguns but firearms which covers both handguns and long guns. So, like in Arizona, you only have to be 18 for a long gun purchase so I would venture to bet they bought some AR-15's and AK-47's type.
    "Where is our democracy if the federal government can break the laws written and enacted by our congress on behalf of the people?"

For the ATF to give a LATINO gun sales rights is a crime in itself?

Haven't we seen what they are after?
    You cannot dedicate yourself to America unless you become in every
    respect and with every purpose of your will thoroughly Americans. You
    cannot become thoroughly Americans if you think of yourselves in groups. President Woodrow Wilson