Dear Mr. and Mrs. _______,

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office to share your concerns about S. 1335, the S.I. Hayakawa Official English Language Act of 2007. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts with me.

As you know, S. 1335 is a bill to declare English as the official language of the Government of the United States. I feel that all American citizens should be fluent in English. I further believe that all immigrants to our country should become proficient in English before they are allowed to become American citizens. As it stands, S. 1335 is currently being reviewed in the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs. Should this bill come before the full Senate, I will certainly take your concerns into consideration.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator
__________________________________________________ ___________

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations bill, specifically two amendments regarding immigration. The first, Senator Feinstein's amendment concerning emergency agriculture workers program, and the second, Senator Mikulski's amendment regarding raising the annual cap for H-2B visa's. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like you, I believe immigration is one of the most important issues facing our country, and deserves thoughtful debate. You will be pleased to know that both of these amendments were taken out of the Emergency Supplemental Appropriations bill and the bill passed out of the Senate and is awaiting further action by the House of Representatives. Should this bill come back to the Senate with immigration language, the insight you've given here will certainly help me and my staff more effectively look into this issue.

Furthermore, I strongly believe in effective immigration reform that is fair to the American people. This includes a focus on securing our borders, employer verification systems, visa exit and entrance mechanisms and other provisions that will put our country in a place to actually enforce immigration policies.

Thank you again for your letter. I hope you will continue to share your thoughts with me.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office regarding S. 2717, Effective Immigration Enforcement Partnerships Act of 2008. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

I am co-sponsoring this legislation because, like you, I agree that the United States needs to address the problems with the enforcement of illegal immigration laws. S. 2717 would assist in creating a more unified enforcement plan to allow for the local and state law enforcement agencies to work with the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to detain and process illegal immigrants in a timely manner. This bill would also direct DHS to provide adequate training to state and local law enforcement personnel and assist in the apprehension of illegal immigrants. Currently, S. 2717 is awaiting Senate consideration. I will certainly take your concerns into consideration as I continue to look into this important piece of legislation.

Additionally, I believe it is imperative that we, as a country, address the issue of illegal immigration as a whole. I am in favor of immigration reform that is fair to the American people and immigrants who have come to our country legally. This reform should emphasize border security, employer verification systems, visa exit and entrance mechanisms and other provisions that will put us in the position to actually enforce our immigration policy. I look forward to continuing to work in the United States Senate with representatives on both the state and federal level to come up with solutions that will benefit Tennessee and our country.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator

Thank you for taking the time to contact my office about S. 2268, the Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement (SAVE) Act. Your input is important to me, and I appreciate the time you took to share your thoughts.

Like you, I agree that the United States needs to address illegal immigration in an effective and practical manner. The SAVE Act attempts to reduce illegal immigration by increasing resources in three areas. S. 2368 was referred to the Senate Judiciary Committee on November 15, 2007. Should this bill come before the full Senate, I will certainly keep your thoughts in mind.

It is imperative that our nation's broken immigration system be addressed. You should know that I support controlling our borders and patrolling our points of entry. I also believe that we need to make sure that we allow people to work here, but only if they're legal. I do not support amnesty. I am in favor of immigration reform that is fair to the American people and immigrants who have come to our country legally.

Thank you again for your letter. I will certainly keep your thoughts with me as I serve you in the United States Senate.

Sincerely,

Bob Corker
United States Senator