Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

76 Year Old Women Charged With Trespassing.

What happend to freedom of speech and when did we lose it to Illegal's? This women has balls. We need to have Jay Leno put her on TV.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/offbeat/

Individual Awards

** The Joe Friday Award for "Overzealous Police Work" goes to the Logan, Utah PD who banned a 76-year-old woman from a bus station after she allegedly gave "unwanted" advice about birth control. Laura Stevens was arrested and charged with trespassing when she returned to the same stop where she had earlier informed a mother "struggling to control her six children," that their were other options. Officials claim she was hindering passengers rights to travel without intimidation, but according to Stevens, she merely felt sorry for the woman and wanted to make sure she was aware that "she could get a patch and not have a kid for five years."

Individual award winners also take home a free nod in OFF/beat's 2007 Idiot of the Year Awards. Remember to send all nominees to offbeat@washingtonpost.com
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

This women was illegal.

Paige
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    This women was illegal.

Paige
    Which woman was illegal? The woman with the kids? Source?

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No the women was hispanic and had children and was pregnant. It was also in the Salt Lake Tribune. I found the article in the Washington Post. The story went that the 76 year old told her that she was destroying our country with having all those illegal kids. That is why she was arrested. I tried to find it in the Tribune and am afraid it may have been taken off line. I will look again and post the article if I can find it.
    -- John Wayne</div>

Oh gosh I found it again. Texas Gal posted it before me. I live in Utah.
    Thank Texas Gal

TexasGal
    ALIPAC Apprentice 2

Posted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:51 am Post subject: UT: Woman banned from telling mothers to use birth control

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, she has courage, that's for sure! I was at the local mall the other day and I could not believe the baby boom!! Most of the mothers were probably illegals (it's a lower quality mall), and each had at least 2 kids and were pregnant with another (and their 2 other kids were under the age of 4). Better to get more food stamps and milk money from the government!

TexasGal

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,287274,00.html

Unwanted Birth Control Advice Gets Utah Woman Banned From Bus Stop

Thursday, June 28, 2007

LOGAN, Utah — A 76-year-old woman has been barred from the bus station after giving unwanted birth-control advice to mothers with large families.

"I think it's wrong. It's a violation of my First Amendment rights," Laura Stevens said.

She was arrested Tuesday for trespassing, a misdemeanor, according to police records.

"She's been making comments to some of the Hispanic passengers that they should be on the pill, that they're taking over our society," said Todd Beutler, general manager of the Cache Valley Transit District.

"The passengers have a right to ride and not be intimidated," he said.

Stevens said she recently noticed a mother struggling to control her six children.

"I felt sorry for her. Maybe she doesn't know that she could get a patch and not have a kid for five years," Stevens said.

She said she will fight the trespassing charge when she appears in Logan's Municipal Court on Tuesday.

"We want her to ride the bus," Beutler said. "We just need to make sure that she's not harassing any other passengers."
    -- John Wayne</div>

No problem, Paige!!