Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

8 migrants die in Mexico reservoir crash

Apr 7, 6:23 PM EDT

8 migrants die in Mexico reservoir crash

Power of Attorney Forms (Migrant Network Coalition)

Emergency Contacts Forms (Migrant Network Coalition)

Memo on Prosecution of Illegal Immigrants

Multimedia
    A Family Divided
    Immigration Inc.

LA CONCORDIA, Mexico (AP) -- A truck carrying Central American migrants in a hidden compartment plunged into a reservoir in southern Mexico, killing at least eight people, officials said Monday.

The victims drowned on Sunday in the waters of the La Angostura dam near Guatemala, where most of the migrants were believed to be from, La Concordia police commander Daniel Sanchez said.

Crews recovered the bodies of six men and two women, and police said at least four more are believed to have been aboard the vehicle. Three of the victims were identified as Guatemalan citizens.

The migrants had been hidden under a floorboard beneath a load of kitchen goods and were trapped when the driver apparently lost control and the vehicle sank in 65 feet (20 meters) of water, Sanchez said.

Many Central American migrants travel across Mexico in dangerous conditions en route to the United States, and a few stay to work illegally in Mexico itself. More than 180,000 were detained in 2007, according to Mexico's National Migration Institute.

Many once traveled as stowaways in railway freight cars, but they sought new routes north after Hurricane Stan damaged train tracks in southern Mexico in 2005.

Also Monday, police elsewhere in the southern state of Chiapas reported rescuing 10 Guatemalans, including a child, traveling in "inhuman conditions" in a hidden compartment of another truck. The driver and another man were detained.

http://tinyurl.com/4w2b2d

Tough way to die
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

reminds me of the risk early cubans . It is sad to die trying for a better life. But our problem is the ILLEGALS are dragging the U.S down to their level.All with Corporate America's OK and Help .
    So Illegals , Don't come here . Your not welcomed . Don't risk your life
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Tonight,I was at bojanles us 220 near stokesdale ,nc where I witnesses a company truck names cityscape roofing (from conover,nc theyhad www.cityscaperoofing.com on the back) -one ocupant of the truck took the top off the trash can to get the box full of empty beer bottles into the trash can.This big work truck had the double doors open ,where I saw more full beer bottles and open ones in holders-I did not have my cell phone or I would have called the highway patrol-None of the wokers spoke english only spanish-I wonder want would be my best step to report them?

I cannot get website-but number is 828-241-4747-cityscape roofing conover,nc