Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

9 Aerospace workers arrested on visa violations

Before we dismiss this from our minds because they aren't from a hostile nation, let's all remember that the idiot with the bomb in his shoe was a Brit.
    http://www.alipac.us/article-413--0-0.html

By Dan Galindo
    JOURNAL REPORTER
    May 18, 2005
    Topics:Safety, Security, Terrorism, Americans,
    Jobs, Money, Illegal Immigration,
    Illegal Immigrants, Airports
    Federal agents raided a hangar at Smith Reynolds Airport yesterday, arresting workers at a company that performs maintenance on U.S. Navy planes, an airport official confirmed late last night.

Agents from the U.S. Bureau of Immigration and Customs Enforcement made the arrests at a hangar used by Aerospace Manufacturing Inc., according to a report by WTVD-TV in Durham.

A spokeswoman for the immigration agency in Atlanta did not return calls to The Associated Press last night. A message left at the company's Winston-Salem office was not returned either.

The TV station reported that nine British citizens arrested were working on P-3 Orion surveillance planes and that the federal agency was making a national effort to find illegal aliens doing work for the Pentagon. Orions are propeller-driven aircraft used for anti-submarine and maritime surveillance.

Chris Veal, the airport's interim director, said that immigration and customs officials told him the arrests were connected to visa violations.

Aerospace Manufacturing, which maintains P-3 Orion surveillance planes, had submitted the names of the workers to the airport last week for background checks, Veal said.

The company works out of the former Piedmont Airlines headquarters that the airport leases to Timco Aviation Services Inc. of Greensboro, Veal said.

The workers had started their jobs and were being supervised by people who had been through background checks, Veal said.

"The company vouched for them," Veal said. "They weren't just allowed to go down (to the hangar) willy-nilly."

Veal was on his way to work when a maintenance worker called him, he said, and told him that immigration and customs officials were at the hangar.

Veal said he briefly met with immigration agents, and that the arrests appeared to have gone without incident.

Aerospace has been at the airport for two months. Veal said he didn't know how many workers the company has left.

Veal said he doesn't anticipate that the airport will review its security.

"The security process worked, in the grand scheme of things," he said.

• Dan Galindo can be reached at 727-7377 or at dgalindo@wsjournal.com

Aerospace Manufacturing, which maintains P-3 Orion surveillance planes

This is outrageous. We need for the government to take the steps necessary to stop this. These planes are very important to our national security. We need a month in which the following will take place:
    Announce that all immigrants, British, Mexican, et.al will have to report to one of 70 centers around the country and verify their immigration status.
    Those that show up will be given a chance to prove they are here legally.
    Those that don't show up and are caught in our country ILLEGALLY have to be tried under some of the provisions of the Patriot Act. Upon finding that they are indeed here without the proper documentation, they will be flown by Sixx Airlines to the SOUTH POLE, given a parachute, and DUMPED
    FAR BEYOND DRIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Sixx
    Aerospace Manufacturing, which maintains P-3 Orion surveillance planes

This is outrageous. We need for the government to take the steps necessary to stop this. These planes are very important to our national security. We need a month in which the following will take place:
    Announce that all immigrants, British, Mexican, et.al will have to report to one of 70 centers around the country and verify their immigration status.
    Those that show up will be given a chance to prove they are here legally.
    Those that don't show up and are caught in our country ILLEGALLY have to be tried under some of the provisions of the Patriot Act. Upon finding that they are indeed here without the proper documentation, they will be flown by Sixx Airlines to the SOUTH POLE, given a parachute, and DUMPED

Well Said Sixx. Anybody know of a president that knows how to defend and protect?
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

9 Aerospace workers arrested on visa violations

Finally I have something to give praise to immigration officials. While this is first I've heard of in Winston-Salem, I'd like to encourage immigration officials to get the thousand remaining illegals living in W-S. Illegals walk and move about right under law enforcement officials noses having no fear of ever being caught, detained, or laughably being deported. Illegals have such a hold on politics, the media, and public opinion here in W-S. Even one section of town has its own name.....Little Mexico. Wonder just how hard it would be for law inforcement to find illegals there?

It is no surprise to me that a Durham TV station broke the story instead of the local media. The local TV station and the Winston-Salem Journal are afraid of illegals. You will never read anything negative about illegals in the Journal. That is one reason I will never buy another paper from them. The journal treats them like sacred cows.

I have a couple of ideas to help with this problem. Idea # 1; instead of expecting immigration officals to find all of them lets just have a hotline to report them and reward the caller with $100.00 for each illegal reported AND THEN DEPORT THEM. I don't think immigration officals can find them for less than that. Idea # 2; for those illegals who are working for a contactor, subcontractor, or company, I'll like the CEO or owner to receive a mandantory one year in jail for each illegal employed by them. In the case of the aerospace case, that tallies up to 9 yes NINE LONG years bud for that CEO. If these slimballs ever got a sentence such as that, I don't think it would be too long before the companies or the owners would staighten their act up. Nine years in not too long for such a crime as knowingly using illegals. Then after the NINE years are up for this CEO, maybe we could talk about him/her giving up their passport, citizenship, and then deportation. If you think I have had enough of this type of activity, YOU GOT A GOOD READ ON IT! WE SHOULD REQUIRE CEOs, AND OWNERS OF COMPANIES TO BE HELD LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR CERTIFYING THE LEGALITY OF THE EMPLOYEES CITIZENSHIP. Right now as I write this message, there are people working in the building as I speaking Spanish. One has to wonder why are they speaking Spanish? Believe me you don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure it out if you have seen them.

I would not even have a problem charging those slimball politicians who are sponsoring in-state tutition for illegals with treason, or harboring illegals under the Patriot Act. It is past time we stop rewarding illegals who cross the border and start rounding them up and START DEPORTING THEM. I WANT TO SAY THAT CHILDERN OF ILLEGALS ARE ILLEGAL AND NOT U.S. CITIZENS.

The southern border fence/wall whatever you want to call it cannot be built fast enough. The fence needs to be highly electrified also. After they find out it is electified, they will not be able to withstand the high voltage and will stop trying. WE NEED A SOLUTION THAT WORKS LIKE THIS ONE AND NOT A POLITICAL SOLUTION WITH SLIMBALL POLITICIANS. Mr. Hunt, take a hike!
    I wonder how many illegals got their NC driver licenses renewed last week? President Bush needs to protect the borders not illegals. President Bush is a coward and guilty of treason when it comes to securing the borders.

NOTE: Many BRITS are immigrant fundamentalist ISLAMISTS. This article did NOT mention who these people are. It's no longer as simple as saying "they're Brits!"
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My point exactly, remember the guy with the bomb in his shoe that tiem was a fairly normal looking young man, but he was a radical Islamic.