Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

91 illegal immigrants found packed into box truck

91 illegal immigrants found packed into box truck

Paul Cicala Reports

May 20, 2006 12:44 AM

On Wednesday, a box truck packed with 70 immigrants crashed near Sierra Vista, and Thursday night, a box truck was found in Sonoita, this time with 91 immigrants inside.

While no one was hurt, the possibility of a more tragic outcome is very real.

“It’s a very dangerous way of smuggling people, and it's a very callous method of moving people,” says Jim Hawkins, a U.S. Border Patrol Spokesman from the Tucson Sector.

Hawkins says that crowding dozens of illegal immigrants inside of a box truck, or sometimes 18-wheelers, is something that's becoming increasingly common in southern Arizona.

“For these smugglers, it's all about the money. They don't care how they get them across. They just want the money,” says Hawkins.

In Thursday night’s case near Sonoita, the coyote, or immigrant smuggler, crammed 91 illegal immigrants inside of the truck.

“The only person we haven't found is the driver yet,” says Hawkins, “and they'll just cram as many as they can in there with total disregard for their safety."

Larry Peterson is one of a number of Santa Cruz County residents that say they see this type of smuggling all the time.

“I know it's happening all the time, and half these vehicles are probably carrying illegals,” says Peterson, “They probably cross hundreds a day across our ranch.”

“We had one stop in front of our business, and it was a small car and 6 or 9 guys crammed in there,” says another Sonoita resident.

Hawkins adds, “It’s a huge problem and it's going to take several years to get control of this situation."
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It's funny how Mexico knows this is a cruel way to move people yet they do nothing. And we're the heartless racists because we wan't to stop it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Just imagine if each one of those 91 Mexicans gave the coyotee only $1000 each.

That's $91,000!!! Imagine how far $91,000 could take you in Mexico.

These illegals just don't think, they need to take that hard earned money and invest it into their own families and homes in Mexico.

Just imagine if each one of those 91 Mexicans gave the coyotee only $1000 each.
    I wonder if they'll get that $1000 credited back to them when it comes time to pay the "penalty" Bush keeps talking about?
    It's like hell vomited and the Bush administration appeared.

Nope as it is going right now they will become Legal because of the Senators and then to show our countries good faith the IRS will be instructed to give them all a $ 1000.00 tax break for at least 2 yrs to help with the troubles we caused them by haveing to pay smugalers and live through an accident. Did i say that right? Yep I did
    Your Rights END where MY Rights Begin. You have NO Rights if You Are ILLEGAL.