911 Calls Leads To Alleged Stash House In Donna

Posted: Apr 1, 2012 9:01 PM
Updated: Apr 2, 2012 6:45 AM

DONNA - Donna police responded to a 911 call to the 400 block of 18th Street Sunday afternoon. Police told CHANNEL 5 NEWS the caller was a 13-year-old girl who needed medical attention.

"We received a 911 call at this location in reference to a 13-year-old female trying to leave the house, but she was being detained against her will and she couldn't leave," said Sgt. Rene Rosas of the Donna Police Department.

The girl was having an asthma attack and needed help. Police say the people who were holding her there denied her medical attention.

"The caller was saying that there were several of them in here that were being kidnapped and held against their will. They couldn't be let out, because the people that were taking care of them wouldn't let them out," said Rosas.

Most of the neighbors were too scared to speak about what they saw Sunday afternoon. But one woman told us she's always had a bad feeling about that house.

"I had my suspicions from the beginning, from the first couple that first came in, after they brought in another couple and other couple. It was just... it wasn't normal," said Flora Martinez who lives near the alleged stash house. Martinez said she's called police to the house before.

"They would be here. They would party, they would do things like that, and they would basically call attention to themselves. And I would call the cops and they wouldn't do anything," she said.

Martinez said the neighborhood has a bad reputation. Her main concern in the safety of her kids. "To have all these different men, different groups of people...it's kind of scary," she said.

The illegal immigrants are now in Border Patrol custody, but there were still unanswered questions about the situation.

"At this point, we don't know what they were going to do with them or where they were sending them," said Rosas.

The girl was taken to the hospital and she is expected to be fine.

911 Calls Leads To Alleged Stash House In Donna | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories