Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Abe Lincoln said...

http://www.quotationspage.com/quotes/Abraham_Lincoln/

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts. "

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. "

"You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today. "

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing."

Thought these were relevent to our cause and wanted to share them.

I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts

Here lies the problem, people are not getting the truth from any news sorces, Lou Dobbs seems to be the only one to talk about it. c-span hates for the subject to come up and forget mentioning North American Union.
    Although global waming is a problem, right now they are using it to distract us from the more critical problens that should be in the forefront, and the most urgent. If our country is destroyed what does global warming matter!!

My son in law just refuses to believe me about the NAU, all he says is OHHH that will never happen!!!!great huh!!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks jonhaloi - some of those I had not heard before.

I especially liked the ones about truth/facts, and the other about power and character.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My son in law just refuses to believe me about the NAU, all he says is OHHH that will never happen!!!!great huh!!!
    SoSad, I have run into the same problem. I'm sure many of us have. Lately I've been called "being part of the tin foil hat party." or "conspiracy theorists" because of me trying to spread the word about the NAU. Its very frustrating because many people are too naive to believe this could actually happen. Yet what is interesting is that these same people do believe there is an immigration crisis, but somehow don't see the connection between illegal immigration and the move toward the NAU. Then try explaining in NAFTA, and other events, and they look at you like you're nuts or something.
    I can say the only question which I believe has finally started to get people at least more "curious" about what is going on is this one. When we debate these issues, I always refer back to the 9/11 and ask them this: "If our president wants to secure our nation and protect us from terrorism, then why wouldn't securing the border have been one of the first priorities?"
    This question seems to at least get their gears turning inside their head. I hope that at times its enough to at least plant this seed of curiousity so they will go out and do some research so they can learn the truth and hopefully get more involved. We as citizens cannot afford to be complacent anymore.
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    SoSad, I have run into the same problem. I'm sure many of us have. Lately I've been called "being part of the tin foil hat party." or "conspiracy theorists" because of me trying to spread the word about the NAU. Its very frustrating because many people are too naive to believe this could actually happen. Yet what is interesting is that these same people do believe there is an immigration crisis, but somehow don't see the connection between illegal immigration and the move toward the NAU. Then try explaining in NAFTA, and other events, and they look at you like you're nuts or something.
    I can say the only question which I believe has finally started to get people at least more "curious" about what is going on is this one. When we debate these issues, I always refer back to the 9/11 and ask them this: "If our president wants to secure our nation and protect us from terrorism, then why wouldn't securing the border have been one of the first priorities?"
    This question seems to at least get their gears turning inside their head. I hope that at times its enough to at least plant this seed of curiousity so they will go out and do some research so they can learn the truth and hopefully get more involved. We as citizens cannot afford to be complacent anymore.
    Sippy, you are completely right. I would not write off anyone who is initially shocked by your comments. I think that they are probably more shocked at the news than anything, and since it is not common knowledge, they have a right to be skeptical. The smart ones will look into it further on their own. I was surprised myself when I first heard about it, but now I understand. Don't give up on them, just give them information in small doses so they can let it sink in. I remember when some people were telling me about it, instead of giving me some simple facts and the jist of the story, I was referred to some creepy websites, which are a turnoff for some first timers. Keep up the good fight.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PhredE

I especially liked the ones about truth/facts, and the other about power and character.
    What a pity that Lincoln wasn't sufficiently fond of them to actually adhere to them...

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

What a pity that Lincoln wasn't sufficiently fond of them to actually adhere to them...
    How so?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost

How so?
    "I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crises. The great point is to bring them the real facts. "
    Yet rather than offering the facts to the Union and the world, which was that the secession had as much to do with inequitable taxation as with slavery (which was already being made obsolete by the combine harvester and the cotton gin) and that the decision to prosecute a war against the Confederacy was purely about revenue and taxation, Lincoln chose to justify his war entirely with slavery issue.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. "
    Yet Lincoln grossly abused his power by making an illegal declaration oif war without the consent of Congress and then, rather than simply defeating the South, ordered criminal acts such as the utter destruction of the infrastructure and the burning of cities.

"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing."
    Unfortunately, he did live by this one, placing his own goals above the welfare of the nation, and so as he has on his head the blood of over a half-million Americans, with even more maimed and crippled. His desire to serve the powerful interests whose transcontinental railroad could not be completed without the continued pilfering of the wealth of the South through grossly unbalanced tariffs was greater than his desire to avoid the bloodiest war in American history.

Looking at a penny must be hell for you...and now, also for me LOL! Thanks...I'll check another American hero off of my list.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Neese
    Looking at a penny must be hell for you...and now, also for me LOL! Thanks...I'll check another American hero off of my list.
    Penny? What's a penny?

Actually, why do we still have pennies? They're not made of copper any more and their worth is so miniscule that they're scarcely worth the bother. When this nation was founded, the value of a penny was closer to the current value of a dollar than it was to any current coinage.

If we eliminate the penny someday, I would pay for the privilege of taking the scrapped coins and dumping all those little Lincoln heads into the crucible.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast