Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I am wondering, since they are so big on civil rights and violations of the constitutional rights of Americans, do you think they will come to the aid of Dog Chapman and his sons?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

This is still ongoing unfortunately.

http://www3.whdh.com/news/articles/local/BO35747/

Dec 2, 2006

ACLU sues State Police over videotape of traffic stop

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- The American Civil Liberties Union has sued the State Police seeking the release of a videotape that shows a traffic stop involving illegal immigrants.

The videotape shows the first five minutes of a 70-minute stop on Interstate 95 in July by a trooper who pulled over a van with 14 Guatemalan immigrants after the driver failed to use a turn signal.

Trooper Thomas Chabot detained the 14 people and brought them to Immigration and Customs Enforcement headquarters in Providence, where they now face deportation. An internal investigation reported that Chabot acted appropriately.

The ACLU and civil-rights organizations raised concerns of racial profiling, and pushed for release of the videotape and copies of the department's policies governing enforcement procedures.

State Police refused to release a copy of the tape to the ACLU and The Providence Journal, the newspaper reported Saturday.

The ACLU, in a statement, said there are questions, including "why the trooper, who was on speed radar patrol, chose to leave his post to pull over the driver of this particular vehicle, whose only infraction was failing to use a turn signal, not speeding."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by WavTek
    I got a fund raising letter from the ACLU last year. It said something to the effect, that they though I was the "type" of person who would support the ACLU. It went on to bash the "religious right" and conservatives in general. They enclosed a postage paid envelope for me to send my donation. I used their postage paid envelope to send them a Christmas card.

For some reason, I haven't back from them.
    I hope you told them where they could put their Xmas tree.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Whoa, just read through the whole thread. This cop didn't deserve any of this. I wonder if he had to spend his own funds to defend himself or if his union covered this. Nevermind, I can only imagine how he and his family is affected. Sometimes I want to ............the aclu. They are not representing my interests in any way shape or form.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The ACLU, in a statement, said there are questions, including "why the trooper, who was on speed radar patrol, chose to leave his post to pull over the driver of this particular vehicle, whose only infraction was failing to use a turn signal, not speeding."
    And my question to the ACLU cannot be posted here.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123