Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar

ACLU and UN world government work to help invaders

U.N. Independent Expert on Rights of Migrants Begins Fact-Finding Mission in United States (4/30/2007)

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

http://aclu.org/immigrants/gen/29541prs20070430.html

Official Visit Includes a Tour of the US-Mexico Border and Immigrant Detention Facilities

SAN DIEGO - The American Civil Liberties Union today welcomed the official fact-finding visit to the United States by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants. The ACLU is among the select groups and individuals that will be meeting with the Special Rapporteur over the next three weeks to testify about the conditions of immigrants and migrants living in the United States.

“The visit of the Special Rapporteur is a critical opportunity to shed light on human rights violations of migrants in the United States,â€
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Illegal immigrants voice complaints to U.N. expert

By SHELIA M. POOLE
    The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
    Published on: 05/11/07
    Attendance has grown year after year at health fairs for Latinos that Venus Gines started about 10 years ago.

Yet Gines said fewer people who need health care — including some immigrants in the country illegally — have attended some recent fairs. They sense a growing backlash against illegal immigrants, she said, and fear that authorities will conduct raids.

"There's a lot of hiding now," she said. "People are in the shadows."

Gines testified in Atlanta Thursday at a meeting among immigrants, community leaders and Jorge Bustamante, a United Nations expert on migrant human rights. Bustamante has held similar meetings in Arizona, Florida and Texas.

More than 50 people — some from as far away as Louisiana — jammed into a small office in a nondescript office park off I-85 Thursday to give testimonies.

"We have seen a rise in anti-immigrant sentiments all over the world," said Bustamante, a sociology professor at Notre Dame University who also serves as the United Nations special rapporteur on the human rights of migrants.

Some people mistakenly believe that undocumented immigrants don't have any rights, he said.

His visit to Georgia is significant because the state's illegal immigrant population is considered one of the nation's fastest-growing. Both the Pew Hispanic Center and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security estimate it's approaching half a million.

Ajamu Baraka helped coordinate Bustamante's visit as executive director of the U.S. Human Rights Network, an Atlanta-based group. He applauded efforts to "shine a spotlight on the U.S. internationally." Baraka also stressed the need to build a new human rights culture in this country "where there is real accountability."

Speakers told of being harassed by hate groups, exploited by unscrupulous bosses and being stopped repeatedly by police for "driving while brown." Yassin Kassim, criticized refugee-resettlement agencies for not doing enough to help East African refugees build new lives in the United States. He's chairman of the southern region of the Ogaden Human Rights Committee, which focuses on conditions in a part of Ethiopia.

"They take them from the camps where they have shelter and food and bring them to the U.S. where they are evicted," he said.

Bustamante said he planned to produce a report that documents his findings; it would go to the U.S. government and the United Nations and also will be available on the Internet.

Bustamante said in an interview that the U.S. government invited him to talk with and listen to immigrants and community leaders.

"I am thoroughly independent," he said after listening to nearly two hours of testimony. "I will say what I want to say and say what I heard. They can disagree with me and I can disagree with them."

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/met ... 7&cxcat=13
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Between the communist ACLU and the hand wringers at the UN, this should prove very entertaining.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    This is really annoying.
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

Hope You are aware ...

Go to Freedom21.com. there is other pertinent Information there as well. Also the Book: En route To Global Occupation by Gary Kah, ISBN # 0-910311-97-8 by Huntington House Publishers naming all those you have mentioned and more. Another Book You and all concerned Americans should be made aware of, in light of upcoming National elections is The God Makers by Ed Decker and Dave Hunt. It is sure to open your eyes on potential Candidates. Don't be fooled! The global ramifications are astounding as these book Tell How Illegal Immigration are the bain and blight of society as we Know it!