Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Activate Damage Control, Senator Rubio

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Activate Damage Control, Senator Rubio

By: Erick Erickson (Diary) | June 16th, 2013 at 09:36 PM

This cannot stand, particularly if you want to run for President. Ryan Lizza is a liberal and has occasionally written about things he does not understand, i.e. Christianity, but Ryan Lizza doesn’t make sh. . . tuff up. He’s good.

So when Ryan Lizza writes that a Rubio aide told him Senator Rubio had “sided with the Chamber against the construction workers,” we have to take seriously that the aide to Senator Rubio really believes there are Americans who should, for lack of a better term, suffer the fate of natural selection.

The aide’s exact quote is:

"There are American workers who, for lack of a better term, can’t cut it …. There shouldn’t be a presumption that every American worker is a star performer. There are people who just can’t get it, can’t do it, don’t want to do it. And so you can’t obviously discuss that publicly."

In other words, if the aide is to believed, Senator Rubio does not believe that the best days are ahead for all Americans because some “just can’t get it, can’t do it, don’t want to do it.”

I doubt Senator Rubio believes that, but he’s put in place a staff operation on immigration that clearly does believe that. These words will come back to haunt, not the staffer, but Senator Rubio.

As we near the end game on immigration in the Senate, Senator Rubio is gambling big that immigration will either not hurt him or will help him in 2016. He has the McCain nomination to think about. McCain won the nomination only to the lose the Presidency. And blue collar workers in Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, and elsewhere will remember this. The Politico suggests Rubio is looking like an insider.

I dissent. I think he looks like an amateur. Insiders’ staffs don’t burn as many bridges.

Ultimately, as I noted the other day, at some point it is no longer a staffing problem. It is a problem with the man himself.

Oh, and one note to the staffer — “There shouldn’t be a presumption that every American worker is a star performer.” He could have been talking about Congress.

http://www.redstate.com/2013/06/16/a...medium=twitter

South West Florida (Behind friendly lines but still in Occupied Territory)
    Rubio is NOW damaged goods; he will either be Primaried or voted out of Office; he may even be beaten by a unknown Democrat with little problem because of this betrayal ... my guess is Rubio will push the bill till it has enough votes, then bail out at the last minute and say see... I didn't vote for it... that still will not cut it
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

"There are American workers who, for lack of a better term, can’t cut it
    try saying that about any illegal and see what would happen.
    These are companies and small businesses looking for cheap labor bending their ears and lining their pockets.
    Funny when we Americans have been doing these jobs for years all of a sudden we aren't good enough. Why?
    Because we need new voters?

Let me try and figure this out, if you have 20 million Americans who won't working drawing welfare how does it help to bring in another 20 million who may work but still require welfare and at the same time reduce wages of those Americans who are trying to make a living, to this old person simply does not compute. They can spin this horrible Amnesty bill any way they wish it still spells disaster for America. Progressives both Democrat and republicans seem intent on destroying the American worker are they ignorant or evil.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.