Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

legalatina wrote:

Aren't Consulates and such already required to be registered under FARA? And does anyone know about the limits of U.S. diplomatic visas are ....? What are deportable offenses under such? The Mexican Consulates have directly interfered in U.s. state and federal legislation all over this country...they have even been interfering with educational policy in certain school districts by getting schol. districts to use Mexican history textbooks from mexico in their curriculum w/o going through proper curriculum review channels...it happened in Santa Ana, CA already. Luckily a school board member got wind of it and stopped it cold.
    From what is at the FARA site, it appears diplomats don't have to register.

Doesn't it seem like some pro-illegal immigration groups working with the Mexican government have to register under FARA, 18 U.S.C. § 2386, etc.?

The US Chamber of Commerce is suing states over their new illegal immigration laws--shouldn't they have to register as agents of foreign govertments? LOL-- think of the great number of countries they would have to file under!!! Many countries in the world!

FARA

Are foreign governments the only foreign principals?

No. The term also includes foreign political parties, a person or organization outside the United States, except U. S. citizens, and any entity organized under the laws of a foreign country or having its principal place of business in a foreign country.
    Does everyone who serves a foreign principal have to register?

No, there are a number of exemptions. For example, diplomats and officials of foreign governments, and their staffs, are exempt if properly recognized by the U.S. State Department. Persons whose activities are of a purely commercial nature or solely of a religious, scholastic, academic, scientific or fine arts nature are exempt. Certain soliciting or collecting of funds to be used for medical aid, or for food and clothing to relieve human suffering are also exempt. Lawyers engaged in legal representation of foreign principals in the courts or similar type proceedings, so long as the attorney does not try to influence policy at the behest of his client, are exempt. Any agent who is engaged in lobbying activities and is registered under the Lobbying Disclosure Act is exempt from registration under FARA if the representation is not on behalf of a foreign government or foreign political party.
    Is FARA the only statute relating to the registration of agents?

No. The Lobbying Disclosure Act of 1995 (LDA), 2 U.S.C. § 1601, removed from FARA a class of agents who are engaged in lobbying activities and who register under the LDA. This Act is administered by Congress itself, and has no criminal sanctions.

18 U.S.C. § 951 provides criminal penalties for anyone, other than a diplomat, to operate as an agent of a foreign government without first notifying the Attorney General, unless the agent is engaged in legal commercial transaction. This statute is aimed at foreign government controlled agents engaged in non-political activities.

Also, 18 U.S.C. § 2386 requires registration by certain organizations which engage in political activity, civilian military activity, is under foreign control, or has as its purpose the overthrow the government by force.

Finally, 50 U.S.C. § 851, requires registration of persons who have knowledge of or have received instruction or assignment in espionage, counterespionage or sabotage service or tactics of a foreign country or political party.
    http://www.usdoj.gov/criminal/fara/links/faq.html

Mexican Consuls also interfer after ICE raids and trials involving illegal immigrants.......most notabily trials involving border agents and illegal immigrants.

"When in Mexico the U.S. State Department reminds U.S. citizens to avoid participating in demonstrations and other activities that might be deemed political by Mexican authorities. The Mexican Constitution prohibits political activities by foreigners, and such actions may result in detention and/or deportation."
    U.S. State Department
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The McCarran-Walter Act
    The legislation contains provisions aimed at “subversionâ€
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Emailed mine yesterday

working4change
    Thanks Zeezil. Emailed today and passed to my lists.

I emailed my reps. I have now started with my old "mega" list left over from the McCain-Kennedy push for amnesty. My email asks them why they allow president Calderon from Mexico to tour America with the intent of changing OUR immigration policies and by pushing his ideas for amnesty. I also ask why Bush is giving OUR money, 1.4 Billion dollars, to stimulate Mexico's economy. I WANT ANSWERS!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    Kevin James is going to be talking about this..

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-103740.html
    This is BIG news..
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12