Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

California or ground zero of the invasion

Activists Defeat Anti-immigrant Initiative in Washington

http://www.associatedcontent.com

Activists Defeat Anti-immigrant Initiative
    Racism Not Welcome in Washington

By Lonnie Lopez

Backers of a racist anti-immigrant state initiative failed to gather enough signatures to place the measure on the WA St November ballot.

I-946 would have required state and local government employees to verify the identity and immigration status of every applicant for public benefits and that ID cards issued without verification of immigration status (including driver's licenses) would not be accepted to establish identity or eligibility. Failure to report immigration violations to federal officials would be a misdemeanor and, perhaps most frightening, private lawsuits to remedy violations would be authorized.

A grassroots coalition of including the WA St Nurses Association, WA St Hospitals Association, WA Association of Churches and the Children's Alliance was organized to educate the public on the initiative's overwhelmingly harmful impact. As the No on 946 campaign argued, the ballot measure sought to undermine health care for all Washingtonians by penalizing women and families with children, deputizing social services providers as immigration agents, and would add unnecessary costs to an already over-burdened health care system. Because drivers' licenses would no longer be accepted as valid identification, anyone seeking medical treatment, even emergency care, would be required to present a birth certificate or passport before any treatment is given.

When word spread that bigots would attempt to gather signatures for the initiative at Seattle Mariners home games, immigrant rights advocates made sure they were there to counter their racist message. Fortunately, not a single petition collector showed up.

As Paola Maranan of the Children's Alliance said, "Clearly Washington voters are far more concerned about making sure that all children get what they need than they are with trying to make sure that a handful of children don't."
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

This is the only mention I've seen of I-946 pass or fail. Nice that it's presented with no bias. Notice the use of the "B" word again.

It may not be so much that activists "stopped" the initiative from getting enough signatures, but that it was not well organized. I went to the Protect Washington Now website, registered and sent two emails and even phoned and left a message begging them to let me sign this petition. Not one peep out of them. It's a shame that WA taxpayers will continue to pay for the healthcare of illegal aliens.

I certainly don't want any children harmed by not getting healthcare that they need, but paying over and over for baby after baby born to illegals is not in the best interest of anyone but those here illegally. ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL, ILLEGAL!

As far as I can see, WA Loves Illegals! Just think, all those new voters. And with the largest counties going to mail in ballots only, there will be no way to stop illegals from voting.
    Americans First!

I researched the article and found nothing negative regarding this fool's errand. But I found 20-30 raves about how much better-off Washington will be, and now is, with the threat removed. "Washington is too great for such hate" seemed to be the bellwether for this misguided state. Too bad because these hardworkin' family folks will drain the health care system to collapse, just like the Los Angeles area. And they'll get the honest Washingtonians to pay for their education, their auto accidents, their food and shelter when ill or incapacitated and incarceration of their pals. And like Los Angeles, when they're bankrupt, they'll ask the federal government, that's us by the way, for help. Washington is past the salvage point already with too many illegals and sympathizers. Now we need a national law to prevent subsidization of states with such laws.
    '58 Airedale

You are right, Tom. Many, many sympathizers and too many illegals. Maybe I see it because I lived here, moved away in 1990 and when I came back I was in culture shock. First trip to the grocery store and I swear, I was the only person in the place with English as a first language!

Eastern WA claims to need them for the fruit harvests but those would be temporary workers and that's not who's here. Employers in the Seattle area who love to hire illegals advertise in the Spanish newspapers and on Spanish radio stations.

Seattle is a curious place. There is much bragging about how great things are to the point of wondering, "why so much?" Local news anchors are all pumped up night after night, bragging on Seattle. I first noticed this beginning in the late 80's. Maybe it's my mid-West upbringing..pride goeth before the fall?
    Americans First!

Things are great in WA because industry has a large, inexpensive labor force. Of course they're doing well. Taxpayers from all across the US subsidize about 30-40% of their labor costs. They don't want health care, housing, social services, educaiton, driver's licenses, etc., denied these scofflaws 'cuz if it is, their cheap labor will not be cheap any more. It's gonna' be very difficult to re-level the playing field but it has to be done.
    '58 Airedale

I just took a visit to the website where this article came from. Looks very far to the left. That article got low ratings too, which means even those who lean towards the left thought is was pathetic too.

Looks like Lonnie Lopez should consider a new job....maybe making phone calls for contributions to La Raza.

http://www.associatedcontent.com/articl ... ative.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    grassroots coalition of including the WA St Nurses Association, WA St Hospitals Association, WA Association of Churches and the Children's Alliance was organized to educate the public on the initiative's overwhelmingly harmful impact. As the No on 946 campaign argued, the ballot measure sought to undermine health care for all Washingtonians by penalizing women and families with children, deputizing social services providers as immigration agents, and would add unnecessary costs to an already over-burdened health care system.
    What in the world are they talking about? How can it add unnecessary costs to an over-burdened health care system? Perhaps they should wise up and figure out why their health care system is being over-burdened. The rest of us figured this out a long time ago!

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Re: Activists Defeat Anti-immigrant Initiative in Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie Lopez
    Backers of a racist anti-immigrant state......
    Lonnie, are you going to read this - it's already been posted for you -
    or are you gonna just go on being a tool for COMMUNIST front organizations?

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... highlight=

Quote Originally Posted by coto
    Journalists, Reporters, Editorial Writers
    read this, it's important.

Dear Journalists and Writers,
    Surely you want your article to be compelling, attention getting, and totally interesting to your readers. There are a lot of journalistic mistakes of mis-statements of material facts being made by news writers across the country due to everything to misunderstanding to mis-information.

In order to achieve 100 percent accuracy in the article you're about to author, bring your draft manuscript to this website for an expert review. I think any member (myself included) and any moderator will be happy to review your article before you go to press with it.

ALIPAC is the most authoritative source of expert [immigration information] information anywhere today. Bring your draft to this website, achieve total accuracy with the insights of hundreds of ALIPAC members.
    Lonnie, I went to a lot of trouble to inform you and other reporters like you,
    and then you go stupid! If you put your brain in a bird, it would fly backwards.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?