Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Activists Prep for SB 1070 Hearing in San Francisco

Activists Prep for SB 1070 Hearing in San Francisco

Marches planned for Monday's legal arguments

Updated: Friday, 29 Oct 2010, 7:32 PM MDT
    Published : Friday, 29 Oct 2010, 7:30 PM MDT

SAN FRANCISCO - On Monday, the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco will hear arguments over whether to reinstate portions of Arizona's immigration law -- and huge protests are planned.

People are driving, they're flying and some of them are already there. It's likely to be a repeat affair -- if you remember the protests in Phoenix, when the law was supposed to go into effect.

Irma Sanchez was inspired to go to San Francisco to voice her opposition to SB 1070. She flies out Sunday.

The artist is just one of a group headed to the Bay area. Her postcards, like the one depicting an immigrant in handcuffs, have become very popular.

"This definitely brought me out to be more open about it and vocal," Sanchez says. "I just thought I had to do something. I feel like it is my obligation to go to come full circle with this. Go to California."

Many of the same activists that lead the protests in Arizona will be in San Francisco.

"People are fired up," says organizer Annette Sexton-Ruiz, via phone. "People have woken up and realized that it's not going to take one effort or one march for this to go away... This is going to take consistent work."

Governor Jan Brewer will be in the courtroom on Monday. Her office says the taxpayers will not be paying for her trip. The travel money came out of a fund she set up to help defend the law.

The march begins at 8 a.m. Monday at a downtown church. Protesters will march half a mile to the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals. The hearing begins at 9 a.m.

http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/pr ... 10-29-2010
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Why is it the pro-illegal alien advocates are always the activists showing up? Why? As soon as I saw the title of this "Activists Prep for SB 1070 Hearing...", I knew the "activists" were going to be pro-illegal aliens. And of course they will somehow get to San Francisco from all over, especially from Arizona.

Is it because they don't have to work? At least one of the anchor-baby parents doesn't have to work, because they are living off anchor-baby welfare? How can these supposedly "poor poverty-stricken disadvantaged" aliens afford to fly to San Fran just to protest?

Do they have this luxury of being activists because groups like La Raza, who get some tax-payer funded grants, will round them up, fire them up, and transport them to San Fran, and pay their hotel rooms, with some of our tax money?

Or is it just that the pro-illegal lamestream media portrays the situation as being that LOTS of pro-illegal activists are going to San Fran any way they can get there, because they care so much about the "civil rights" of illegal aliens.

We know the far majority of Americans are FOR SB 1070. Why don't we have more activists there? I can't go because I have to work, go to school, and can't afford it. How is it the illegal aliens have MORE time AND money for such things?
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</