Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Activists Rally In Phoenix In Support Of Arizona's New Law

Obama warns U.S. leaders not to use illegal immigration as a way to gain power and name recognition.

http://news,yahoo.com/s/nm/20100801/pl_ ... on_arizona

The link does not work propertly Dawn.

Was it like the post here?
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-207911.html

In the future please post the link along with the entire article as some members do not want to click on links.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I was in the process of trying to correct the link as you were admonishing me for not printing the entire article. I did correct the link, but it still doesn't work. I will copy the article and post it here.

Ok, thank you Dawn.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

"Obama warns U.S. leaders not to use illegal immigration as a way to gain power and name recognition."

OR WHAT? Is he going to shut them down like he did select auto dealers that didn't vote for him? Took a page from Chavez, Castro, Hitler?

The home of the free and the brave? Cla-ass, now cla-ass, WAKE UP!

And hello? Illegals? ObambUS has told us to learn your Spanish language because he thinks you incapable of learning English. With that alone he has told us how it's going to be. So any readers on the fence about this - if you want to believe the lie that ObombUS "understands" what we in AZ are going through and that he wants to work with us - I've got some oceanfront property in Scottsdale to sell you.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) – A few hundred supporters of a new Arizona law that cracks down on illegal immigrants rallied in central Phoenix Saturday, as tensions over the measure simmered.

Around 200 to 300 activists from several states, some with placards that read "No amnesty" and "Secure our borders now," gathered outside the state capitol to support the law, a weakened version of which came into effect Thursday.

"We are here to fully support Arizona, support the Arizona citizens and support the United States citizens who would benefit from a similar law across the nation," said Katrina Pierson, 34, a conservative Tea Party activist who traveled from Texas to attend the event.

Arizona's Republican-controlled legislature passed the measure three months ago to try to drive nearly half a million illegal immigrants from the state and stem the flow of human and drug smugglers over the border from Mexico.

It drew wide popular support in Arizona and across the United States but was opposed by President Barack Obama and human rights groups. A federal judge blocked the most intrusive elements hours before it came into effect.

Tensions over the law have inflamed a decades-long debate over immigration, which is playing into elections in November as Obama's Democrats fight to retain control of Congress.

A few dozen Hispanic and rights activists staged a counter protest Saturday. Supporters and opponents of the Arizona law shouted at one another across a police line but there were no arrests.

Wednesday, U.S. District Court judge Susan Bolton blocked the law's most controversial elements, arguing that immigration matters are the federal government's responsibility. The ruling handed a victory to Obama, who is trying to take control of the issue.

Click image to see photos of immigration debate

AP
    Lawyers for Arizona and Republican Governor Jan Brewer asked the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco to lift an injunction on the law and grant a swift appeal. The court denied the request for an expedited hearing Friday and set a November court date.

"I think the governor should take this appeal right the way to the Supreme Court," said Anita Hynds, a retiree who traveled from Orange County, California, for the rally.

Saturday, Obama warned U.S. leaders not to use the divisive issue of illegal immigration as a way to gain power and name recognition, in an interview with CBS television.

Well, I'm batting a thousand tonight. I duplicated two articles. (At least I know I posted articles other people found interesting.) My apologies to the original posters.