Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

ACTIVISTS! Show support for Cobb County Georgia Sheriff!

Below from today’s MDJ (Marietta Daily Journal).

Two things: PLEASE write or call ( http://www.mdjonline.com/static/aboutus.php ) the newspaper and ask if they fully understand the difference between illegal aliens and immigrants. THEN…please call Cobb Sheriff Neil Warren ( http://www.cobbsheriff.org/ ) to voice your support and gratitude for his couragae and dedication to duty.

[quote]Immigrants to Sheriff: Stop violating our rights

By By Kelly Brooks and Marcus E. Howard
    Marietta Daily Journal Staff Writers

MARIETTA - Immigrant leaders said this week that Cobb Sheriff officials are violating the civil rights of the county’s Latino residents.

Leaders of the Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fund (MALDEF) wrote to sheriff’s officials insisting that the county create a committee to monitor potential rights violations caused by its immigration enforcement procedures. Local authorities agreed in February to form the committee when they signed a deal with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, Latino leaders said.

Cobb Sheriff Neil Warren said that steps to form the committee had been taken and that a meeting will be scheduled in the near future. Warren contended the committee doesn’t have to meet until nine months after the certification of its first class, which occurred June 8.

“This is a work in progress, but the main goal is to do the right thing, and we are doing the right thing,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I emailed the sheriff -

I just want to thank the sheriff's office for fighting illegal immigration. Our country is being invaded by thousands ( if not millions ) of illegal aliens. These people chose to ignore our immigration system, steal across our border, steal our identity and steal jobs.

In regard to Mexico, we are actively being colonized.

I applaud you for taking this leadership position. Unfortunately, as a leader you will be criticized.

If you are inclined, review the SAVE Act H R 4088. This new bill was just introduce in the U.S. House and forces all employers to verify all social security numbers with the federal govt. It's phased in over four years. I believe this would "turn off" the job magnet that attracts so many illegals. You may want to contact your congressman and ask him/her to co-sponsor this bill. It presently has 110 co-sponsors and similar legislation was just introduce in the Senate.

Passage of this bill would make your job easier. I suspect many illegal would no longer have a job and therefore "self deport" to their homeland.

Keep up the hard work and the fight.

Be safe.

Great work, magyart. Thanks for getting involved. You are a GREAT AMERICAN.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I sent an email to Ms Bodford and told her this news was being read by people all over the country.

Nancy Bodiford
    Executive Assistance
    Cobb County Sheriff's Office
    Public Safety Building, Second Floor
    185 Roswell Street
    Marietta, Georgia 30060

Telephone: (770) 499-4609
    Facsimile: (770) 499-4792
    E-mail: media@CobbSheriff.Org

Major Don Hunton
    Assistant Division Commander
    185 Roswell Street
    Marietta, Georgia 30060

Telephone: (770) 499-4619
    E-mail: Donald.Hunton@CobbCounty.Org

Paula Morris
    Assistant
    185 Roswell Street
    Marietta, Georgia 30060

Telephone: (770) 499-4611
    E-mail: Paula.Morris@CobbCounty.Org

Great work, CitizenJustice. Thank you for taking action. You are a GREAT AMERICAN.

MALDEF's real motive for being on the board is to make sure it looks bad. I would not put it pass them to use any information they receive as members in a lawsuit to harrass the county government.

MALDEF statement in their "Bush Chenny Policy Recommendations Summary" available on their web site on 287(g)

"In the area of interior enforcement, the Administration should establish clear guidelines and regulations governing and limiting INS engagement of state and local police. Collaboration should be limited to serious matters of public safety, not the civil enforcement of immigration laws. The Administration should further work to repeal Section 287(g) of the INA, as it has only led to confusion and abuses in the enforcement of immigration law. The INS already has sufficient authority to seek information or collaboration from local law enforcement when genuinely needed."

Thank you for having the brass ones to secure your county against the invasion. You are a model for the country and we patriots of this U.S. could not be more proud of you. So know, as you go into battle, you have many supporters hoping you are victorious. I've given up on my state of California. It's good to know there are still areas of this great country that maintain law and order.

God Bless You and keep you safe. We've got your back!
    I sent this to the Division Commander.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Great e-mail, Martha. You are a GREAT AMERICAN.