Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Al-Jazeera to look at open U.S. border

HOMELAND INSECURITY
    Al-Jazeera to look at open U.S. border
    Arab news network interested in lack of security
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Posted: June 25, 2005
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    © 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

The Arab TV news network criticized by the new Iraqi government and others for its anti-American bias and willingness to carry the messages of terrorist organizations, including al-Qaida, is headed for the U.S.-Mexico border to document how easy it is to enter America illegally.

Al-Jazeera has contacted Minuteman Civil Defense Corps leader Chris Simcox to try to arrange interviews. Simcox, who rejected the request for cooperation with the TV network, says al-Jazeera, seen by millions throughout the Arab world and elsewhere, is producing an hour-long documentary news special on lack of security at the U.S. southern border.

Al-Jazeera reporter Naisser Hssaini mentioned the increase in apprehensions of illegal aliens known as OTMs – other than Mexicans. These foreigners increasingly include Arabs, Muslims and others from the Middle East. The reporter also mentioned his familiarity with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement police of catching and releasing OTMS – particularly those not specifically known to be on any terrorist watch list.

"The group has been denied requests for interviews by Minuteman Civil Defense Corps organizers but they still insist on filming the groups’ activities along with the rest of the media during a July 4th weekend mission near Arivaca, Arizona," said Simcox.

Simcox has contacted the offices of Arizona's two Republican U.S. senators – John McCain and Jon Kyl – to invite them to do interviews with al Jazeera, "so perhaps they can explain to the viewers of this news outlet just how secure America's borders really are."

"The offices of the Arizona members of the United States House of Representatives will also be contacted to alert them to the presence and the intent by the al-Jazeera news crew to film the lack of security along the U.S. border with Mexico," said Simcox. "The office of the Department of Homeland Security will also be notified. The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps also wonders just what DHS would tell al-Jazeera about the condition of our border security."

Simcox also mentioned the U.S. Border Patrol has already been notified.

"Would we allow Japanese or German television to film the unsecured border during World War II?" asked Minuteman spokeswoman Connie Hair. "These people broadcast to the enemies of America. It's not a news story, it's recon."

The Minuteman Civil Defense Corps is the citizen border patrol that virtually stopped illegal crossings from Mexico in a highly trafficked area of Arizona. It is now making plans for similar actions in other areas, other states and along the Canadian border.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.a ... E_ID=44987
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I believe the Al-Jazeera spin will be and perhaps rightly so:

1) The USA invaded IRAQ for national security concerns relating to WMD and threats against the USA before during and after 9/11.

2) How "real" could that concern be when anyone can simply walk into the United States carrying a vile of anthrax, driving a truck carrying a nuclear weapon, or any other WMD?

3) WHY feel so threatened about what is happening thousands of miles away before you shut your back door?

4) AMERICAN HYPOCRISY will be the theme.

5) Are they wrong or right?

Duuuuuh??
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

exactly!

Terrorists welcome in the land of the free and the home of the brave and stupid!
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

MAMIE!!! HELLO AND SO GOOD TO SEE YOU POSTING AGAIN!!

I've missed you!!

HEY, congratulations to your beautiful state of Alabama which I understand has landed a huge new industry, EADS!!

We're jealous here in NC, but wish you all the very best of success. Your Governor claimed the main reason was the unique work ethic of Alabama Workers! I can personally attest to that. I have many friends from Alabama whom I got to know in Missouri when they were constructing our new nuclear plant.

If didn't matter how late we partied (this was in the 70's...work hard, play hard days)...and they were up and off in their vehicles at 5 am sharp and would work 10 to 16 hours days 7 days a week with never a complaint or whimper!!

I'm happy for Alabama!!

If you get some "surplus" industries looking at ya down there, send 'em to me!! WE NEED THEM. Our county has 9% unemployment having lost 3,000 manufacturing jobs since late 2003!! The rate would be around 14% but some have been unemployed over 24 months now and are of course....no longer being counted by the US Labor Department....one of the Government's little "tricks" to make things look far "rosier" than they are!!

HEY MAMIE!! Don't stay away so long next time without telling us, okay?? You can always PM any of us!

WHAT DID YOU THINK ABOUT THE LITTLE SUPREME COURT RULING A COUPLE OF DAYS AGO??

Vent, Girl, Vent!!!!

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

thanks for your warm welcome!

I've been busy lobbying for judicial reform and against "illegal aliens" -- it's all in the hands of the good Lord now

isn't it amazing how the supreme court picks and chooses when to stick it's nose into the states? I'm not sure how many people know exactly what happened or the impact it could have on private property. It's hard enough when property is condemned by the state for "public use" -- but to have private property taken for an office building is against the Constitution.

With the new plant coming in at Brookley Field, I believe we will be invaded by illegal aliens!

ILlegal aliens trying to get hired at the new EADS plant...yes, I can see that to be a huge problem.

There will die your well-known Alabama Work Ethic!!

KEEP THEM OUT!!

Good for you with your lobbying efforts. We'll hope the Lord gives the bills the little nudge they need to PASS!!

Really, MAMIE, the state needs to do everything possible to ensure those jobs at Brookley Field are filled with 100% American Citizens.

One thing I know from my friends in Alabama...if someone tries to take their job away....they will:

"CLOUD UP AND RAIN ALL OVER YOU"!!

And we'll join that rainstorm in herds!!

Simcox has contacted the offices of Arizona's two Republican U.S. senators – John McCain and Jon Kyl – to invite them to do interviews with al Jazeera, "so perhaps they can explain to the viewers of this news outlet just how secure America's borders really are."
    Kudos to Mr. Simcox for lobbing THAT ball exactly where it belongs! Considering the squirm factor, it should garner some media attention.

Could someone please pass the popcorn before the McCain and Kyl show starts?

YES GREYPARROT!! Great post!!

Pass the popcorn AND M&Ms for that show....wish I could BE THERE, don't you!!

If that's not a show worthy of "hecklin'", I don't know what would be!!

Oh! On THAT thought, Please Pass the TOMATOES!!

SPLAT!!

Code:
    the state needs to do everything possible to ensure those jobs at Brookley Field are filled with 100% American Citizens

Right now I'm trying to get a meeting with the governor regarding some proposed legislation and "illegal aliens" is something that I intend to cover ..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast