Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AL-Roy Moore on illegal immigration

http://www.decaturdaily.com/decaturdail ... oore.shtml

Roy Moore with an open Bible in front of him in the studios of WDRM on Thursday during a radio interview with talk show host Nat Tate. The show, "Sound Off," will air Sunday.

Moore in Morgan
    Gubernatorial candidate stumps with mix of religion, politics

By Martin Burkey
    DAILY Staff Writer
    mburkey@decaturdaily.com · 340-2441

Roy Moore isn't known for heeding the laws of man, but he is paying due attention Thursday afternoon to Nat Tate's index finger.

The Clear Channel Radio announcer is taping an interview with the former Alabama Supreme Court chief justice for his "Sound Off" show to air Sunday at 6 a.m. on WDRM, WXQW, WBHP and WHOS.

Moore is agreeably brief with the initial questions about his youth, education and political career. But once Tate gets to Moore's famous Ten Commandments battle, his encyclopedic recall of biblical Scriptures, the U.S. Constitution and the Federalist Papers begins to test Tate's broadcast sensibilities.

Up quietly, calmly comes a big index finger. More obligingly winds down his comments.

When the show is over, Tate thanks Moore. It's not his intent to trip up anyone, he says.

They trade some relevant Scriptures, and Moore is off to his evening speech.

Moore's political day started with a speech to the Kiwanis Club of Decatur at the Decatur Country Club. It ended with a community gathering at the Journey Church Assembly of God on Cullman County 1435 in Eva because it's the largest hall in the area.

Minor surgery Tuesday to correct an eardrum problem is slowing him down, Moore concedes.

"When I talk, I hear myself talking back," he says.

But he can't disappoint the folks waiting in Eva, so he hurries off in the rain, energized by the power of his own message.

Moore told his Decatur audience that he supports fines and penalties for any business that knowingly hires illegal aliens. They're not immigrants, he said. They are here to make money, take advantage of local health care systems and pay no taxes.

"It's unfair to the citizens of the state and should be stopped," he said.

More said he would end by executive order the annual property tax reappraisals initiated by his opponent, Gov. Bob Riley. It's an effort to raise $402 million by 2010, he said. It was imposed without a vote, and Moore said he would end it "because it's (reappraisals) always been four years."

Moore said he wants to support education by supporting teachers with good salaries, "eliminate the education bureaucracy" and "return control to parents and local communities."

Alabama ranked 47th in academic achievement in one study, he said. Public schools have 14 percent fewer students than in 1970, although the population has increased, a sign parents are giving up on schools, he said.

Moore declared the state's new eminent domain law prohibiting local governments from taking private property for commercial development not strong enough and said he would seek a constitutional amendment to strengthen it.

He also said he wants to give back an expected $1 billion revenue surplus in the state budget in the form of a tax rebate.

People always say they want a choice, Moore said, and he's that choice. He proposes legislative reform, term limits, fewer special sessions and cutting pork stuffed into the state's community grant budget.

"Politicians are ruling on their own power, not the power of the people," he said.

The Alabama Court of the Judiciary removed Moore as Alabama's chief justice in 2003 after he refused a federal judge's order to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the lobby of the Alabama Judicial Building.

He continues to maintain the ruling was incorrect, that the monument is no different than the Greek goddess of justice that stands outside the Supreme Court building and references to God in the law. The Declaration of Independence acknowledges the role of God, he said, adding that it's because of God that he can rule without regard to someone's personal beliefs.

"You are judged based on what you do, not what you believe," Moore said. "Unless you understand the Constitution and the relation to God, you can't run government properly. The First Amendment itself would not exist without acknowledgment of God."
    Equal rights for all, special privileges for none. Thomas Jefferson

I always liked Roy Moore. It's such a shame what those bastards from the left and from the Bush administration (most particularly Bush's brown nosing judical candidate William Pryor) did to him when he was still a judge. Isn't it funny the so called practioner of Christanity himself Jorge Bush had nothing to say when the ten commandments statue got struck down and Judge Moore was removed from his position? Where was the so called compassionate conservative on that one?

If Moore ran for president he'd have my vote. At least the constitution to Roy Moore is more to him than just a g-d damn piece of paper as Jorge Bush so thoughtfully put it.

Roy Moore = Patriotic America and real Christian

Jorge Bush = Pathetic, lying, anti american, shameless pandering pile of crap
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I am voting for him

It is time for someone with ethics and interprets the law the way they are supposed to do (constitution)
    I admire him for not backing down! He will not be a puppet to the lobbyist!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    If Moore ran for president he'd have my vote. At least the constitution to Roy Moore is more to him than just a g-d damn piece of paper as Jorge Bush so thoughtfully put it.
    I hadn't heard before that President Bush said that, but if he did then he has likely unwittingly stumbled into the truth -- I doubt that he could get there any other way. The Constitution of the United States is a product of, and a reflection of, our unique American culture. It was that culture that created the Constitution; the Constitution didn't create the culture. And, it is that culture that honors, protects, and preserves the Constitution. Without preserving the culture, then the Constitution becomes nothing more than an old piece of paper with some fading ink splattered on it.

In order for a culture, a society, and the nation that encompasses those to survive there must be a certain amount of cultural cohesion and inter-generational continuity. The outcome, if not the goal, of the ACLU, the extreme left, and the open border fools (OBFs) will be to break that cohesion and continuity and therefore turn the Constitution into nothing more than Jorges' goddamn piece of paper. (If you consider the communist derivations and leanings of some of those groups and/or their global desires then the prior statement makes a little more sense.) They are, in reality, (mis-)using the Constitution to destroy the culture that preserves the Constitution. The United States is becoming nothing more than a bunch of different groups competing to obtain economic and material advantages for their own group with, in many cases, a secondary goal of replacing the general American culture with their own specific culture.

The glue that holds our nation together is being dissolved. Democracy itself is a pretty fragile thing. A flock of sheep may have a democracy and a pack of wolves may have a democracy, but it won't work long for a bunch of wolves and sheep thrown together because their interests are too different. A nation divided will not stand and we are becoming a bunch of divided sheep and wolves. Jorge Bush claims to be spreading democracy throughout the world while his policies are destroying it in his own country.

I hope this doesn't sound like some kind of "right wing" religious rant because if for no other reason, I'm not very religious at all. I doubt that the founding fathers ever wanted or intended for the federal government to force religion on anybody, but they certainly didn't intend for the federal government and the Constitution to be used to destroy the culture and the country they created either. Not sure if I said what I was trying to say very well, but I think there is at least some truth in it.

I hadn't heard before that President Bush said that, but if he did then he has likely unwittingly stumbled into the truth
    http://www.capitolhillblue.com/artman/p ... 7779.shtml

Bush on the Constitution: 'It's just a goddamned piece of paper'
    By DOUG THOMPSON
    Dec 9, 2005, 07:53

Last month, Republican Congressional leaders filed into the Oval Office to meet with President George W. Bush and talk about renewing the controversial USA Patriot Act.

Several provisions of the act, passed in the shell shocked period immediately following the 9/11 terrorist attacks, caused enough anger that liberal groups like the American Civil Liberties Union had joined forces with prominent conservatives like Phyllis Schlafly and Bob Barr to oppose renewal.

GOP leaders told Bush that his hardcore push to renew the more onerous provisions of the act could further alienate conservatives still mad at the President from his botched attempt to nominate White House Counsel Harriet Miers to the Supreme Court.

“I don’t give a goddamn,â€
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn