Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

AL: Women guilty of obtaining vehicle titles by fraud

Women guilty of obtaining vehicle titles by fraud
    By David Atchison
    09-06-2008

PELL CITY – Two Shelby County women pleaded guilty to fraud charges in connection with the purchase of thousands of car tags and titles for illegal aliens.
    St. Clair County District Attorney Richard Minor said Vivian Mondragon, 37, and Aurora “Ginaâ€
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm wondering some things.

Why did they reduce the number of charges?

Why are they waiting until Jan to sentence? Giving them time to run to Mexico? If they have plead guilty, what's takes so long? Are they maybe waiting until this dies down and everyone has forgotten it and then they can slap them on the wrist and tell them to take their enterprise to another state?

Are they taking their ill gotten gains? They need to be stripped of all their assets.

Why is renewing tags any less illegal than getting the original tags?

Why is a 19 year old called a 'youthful offender'?

Why aren't they being held accountable as at least aiding and abetting those criminal acts?

I'm glad they caught them, but they need to get a little tougher about this.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION AS WELL. AGE 19 IS AN ADULT. I AM SICK AND TIRED OF ADULTS BEING TREATED AS CHILDREN. PRETTY SOON 30 YEAR OLDS WILL BE "YOUTHS". THIS IS BS. SHE IS AN ADULT AND SHOULD BE PROSECUTED AS AN ADULT. AND I WOULD GO SO FAR AS TO SAY THAT MINORS CHARGED WITH SERIOUS CRIMES SHOULD ALL BE PROSECUTED AS ADULTS. "YOUTHFUL OFFENDER" SHOULD BE RESERVED FOR TEENS WHO WRITE ON WALLS OR SHOPLIFT GUM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Amen to that.

He said the probate office turned over to authorities the files it was keeping on the purchases in September 2005

2005?????????????
    It is now 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

[quote]“From drug trafficking to human trafficking to drunk driving, as well as automobile collisions, the defendants’ criminal enterprise of providing car tags and titles for illegal immigrants has placed every law-abiding citizen in St. Clair County, Ala., and our nation at risk,â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

[quote="nntrixie"]I'm wondering some things.

All this means is that whatever she was charged with occured when she was at least 16 years old but younger than 19 years of age. In this case it makes sense, since they first noticed this going on in 2005 which would have made her 16 at the time, and busted them all before she turned 19.

It doesn't mean she got away with anything, was shown leniency, or anything like that, just prosecuted as, more or less, a juvenile offender and will have her record sealed.